Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a 2010 suzuki Kizashi GTS w/AWD. It only had 300 miles on it but had been discounted big time. SEXY Black on Black with 18 inch rims.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My girlfriend was contemplating trading in her 08 Focus. I saw this vehicle online and convinced her to at the very least test drive it. This past monday we went to the dealership and wound up bringing it home. It's very likely that owning an sx4 and being somewhat infatuated with Suzuki prompts much of my excitement and I apologize if you do not share that excitement with me.

details of vehicle:

AWD
MOONROOF
Power everything
Upgraded Rockford Fosgate Stereo
4 wheel disc brakes designed by Akebono
Finely tuned suspension including performance KYB shocks
CVT transmission(booo), with Paddle shifters(A little better)
more features and vehicle than this pricepoint should merit
Suzuki put a lot of time and effort into this vehicle

It was a leftover vehicle from 2010. We are the first owners and because of this got a great deal.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
It's nice but, I think SEXY is a stretch...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Well all that is cool...but what's the power plant? How does the AWD system work/compare to others like Audi or Subaru? Is it it a turbo charged model or N/A?

It looks to be a nice car, but with out all the info...to me it just seems to be an AWD Civic or something. So...show me the light!!! Give me the reasons you think these cars are so cool ;-)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Pictures of them don't do them justice. They are a sharp looking car in person.

CVT with paddle shifters though? That's just weird. What are you shifting with the paddles?

·
Registered
556 Posts
The cvts are interesting. I have an Altima and you can shift into sport mode and it has "gears" you shift through. I'm guessing it is preset locations that the transmission "shifts" to. I really loved the Kizashi Concept they came out with a year or two ago. I do like this car and have read good things in Car and Driver. If it's as good as the SX4 you'll love it for quite a while. I see where people may not get the sexy but I think it's great.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I've got a CVT in my Versa. No sport mode or anything but I have grown to love it. It seems to always put you right in the power band when you need it and lower than normal RPMs (ie better gas mileage) when you're just cruising.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The shift points are electronically programmed. It mimics an automatic transmission that has the "manual" mode or whatever they call it. It makes the vehicle more entertaining but the cvt is a bit laggy starting out. Once the car is moving it has plenty of passing power and it handles incredibly on crooked roads. Much like the sx4, its not the fastest car in its class but luckily being fun to drive isn't all about speed. The CVT does provide smooth acceleration and better fuel mileage but its just not setup for quick starts. The Kizashi concept vehicles were pretty hot. The biggest complaints I see about the current kizashi are not so much about their looks but rather the fact that there's only a very very slight resemblance to the initial concept.
Still, the actual production model manages to be a very upscale vehicle at a relatively low price. I do wish they would have kept some of the aggressive lines of the concept though. They need to get a V6 or a turbo 4 in this vehicle going forward. The 2.4l 4 cyl is adequate but its merely average

·
Registered
556 Posts
My Altima , even though it has the 2.5, actually will move pretty well in the S mode. It doesn't have paddles but it shifts on gear shifter + and -. You are right, when you hit the gas there's no gear searching, it just goes. I really would rathe have gears but I guess it helps with gas milage. Mine's a sedan after all and not a sports car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As far as not seeing the sexy, different tastes I suppose. I think it is an exceptionally attractive vehicle. It is in my driveway so I suppose thats all that should matter to me. 8)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
grobrooks said:
My Altima , even though it has the 2.5, actually will move pretty well in the S mode. It doesn't have paddles but it shifts on gear shifter + and -. You are right, when you hit the gas there's no gear searching, it just goes. I really would rathe have gears but I guess it helps with gas milage. Mine's a sedan after all and not a sports car.
Definitely, for what its meant to be it does the job quite well. I to would prefer gears but the rubberbands is all that was available with AWD. oh well

·
Registered
556 Posts
Completely agree. Did you see the concept for it though? It was based off of the Malibu chassis. I still think they did a great job after pulling away from the GM route. They kept all of the lines but shortened it up a bit. I was forgetting how much I wanted a VW when I saw this:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Wow! I have always appreciated Suzuki vehicles. They are kind of a hidden gem in the Japanese car market. They may not be at quite the same build quality level as say Nissan or Toyota in some ways, but its far from poorly made. They are also extremely reliable vehicles, and overall you get a lot for what you pay for on them. I think power output has always been their shortfall on all of the models they sell. However, if you wanted a good reliable, decently built daily driver they are worth looking at, and with that kind of body styling I would say even more so.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When looking at the current lineup that suzuki offers, especially the sx4 and kizashi, I think the build quality is on par with other japanese automakers. Their marketing dept. sucks but as far as value I'm not sure there's a better deal than suzuki. 4 or 5 years ago when all they had was Daewoo and GM knockoffs this obviously wasn't the case but now that Suzuki is producing its own vehicles again they are proving to be very very good.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
We purchased a new Suzuki XL7 in 2003..I can tell you it was a great vehicle..it was all SUZUKI...built in Japan..The GM/Daewoo models that were pushed on Suzuki were crap..The only reason we sold it was because my wife wanted a Toyota van for more room..now she wants another 2003-2006 XL7 back! They are great and I had no problems and would absolutely buy another Japanese built Suzuki...They are hidden gem..just dealers are lacking and that kills them..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ha, I wish that was my yard. It's an old mill and blacksmith shop. It's a cool place. There's pictures all over the web of it. It's called Hyde's Mill.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts