Isuzu SUV Forum banner

PS reservoir basket... pressure clamps

427 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Assport96 
#1 ·
hello, (00R3.2)
Has anyone taken out the inner basket that has a 'filter' in the power steering reservoir.. Does it need to be 'twisted'? (I'm a little reluctant don't really want to break it so trying to be cautious)
Also where can the constant pressure fasteners be had ?
is the one on the reservoir FROM the pump ? (also reluctant to disconnect/split the hose etc without backup)

#2 ·
Just pull up on the strainer
Not sure what you mean by fastener. i assume you mean the pinch clamps for hoses
I switched to o screw clamps that everyone judges the use of… to use on water lines and pressure lines, especially on plastic nipples. Just don’t tighten them down too much. Wipe the hose or nipple complete dry before putting the hose on. Helps to prevent seepage (sp?)
Anyhow sounds like you’re a bit reluctant to make a mess. Take the hose off from the lowest portion and let it drain in a tall cup, then you won’t have to worry about making a mess from “the top end”

#3 ·
The return line, coming from the steering gear to the reservoir, does not need special clamps. It is relatively low pressure. The fitting and hose coming off the pump to the gear does need to be pressure rated as It can produce thousands of psi.
I moved my steering box so I needed a different hose. You can get an adapter to use a common JIC or AN size so that a hose shop can crimp you one.

Custom hose made up for pressure side. For the return I used part of the OEM return but piped it using 3/8 aluminum to a cooler out front.

Just re read that you are looking for clamps. Like Lorenzo said, worm drive works fine or spring type.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.