Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I finally got around to lifting my Rodeo. It's a '99 2wd so I didn't do anything too major to it, just Trooper springs in the rear and torsion bars upfront. I got some good advice from people on the board on how to change out my rear springs and the write up on the torsion bar adjustment was simple and easy to do. I did run into a few problems (of course, it's inevitable). First on the rear passenger shock there was a bracket stopping me from removing the bottom of it, so we had to disconect it at the top, not a big deal but we struggled with it for a while. Actually we tried to remove the bolt that was in the way and ended up braking a craftsman rachet and two sockets. And then on the locating bar the holes were not lining up when we went to reconect them. Took some muscle from my roommate then it was on and done. Then came the part I was worried about, the torsoin bars, but they proved to be no match. Hit them with some penatrating oil and they turned no problem. In all we turned them 6 times for 1.5" of lift exactly. So overall I got 1.5" of lift from Trooper coils and torsion bars, and I couldn't be happier. Thanks to everyone for answering all my question about this, it really helped a lot.

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Yeah I should have remembered to tell you about the track bar blocking the bottom shock mount, and the locating bar being a pain to get back lined up.

Looks good, man.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey no worries, everything else you told me helped out a lot. It wouldn't be working on a car if something didn't go as planned :wink: .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.