Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
At some point I need to finish the exhaust on my Trooper. Ive done everything you're doing now but on an obd2 truck. Even had my heads and block decked to raise compression a bit more. It's somewhere close to 11:1 now. How do you plan to tune it to make 200hp? Every now and then I glance at some stuff but haven't really spent much time really looking.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I've checked into most of the piggyback stuff. Great if all you need to do is add some fuel but they don't give you timing control. The ones that do all timing control are designed to pull timing for boost and nitrous. I thought MSD might have something but when I checked their site everything says timing adjustable for boost or nitrous.

Another option is running a full standalone but that's a lot of money even if you run a Megasquirt. Even running a Megasquirt in parralle with the OE computer is expensive since you have to pay someone to tune it. Honestly wished I done some more research before I started my project. With money I have wrapped up in it now I could have swapped in a v8.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts