Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister bought this Trooper brand new and proceeded to put 247K miles on it. She gave it to me just to get it out of her yard and I was happy to bring it home. It actually had moss growing on it when I drug it out from under the pine trees. I have been working on this for several months and here is where I am at. It has completely disassembled and the frame sanded, rust proofed and painted. The engine has been rebuilt with a balance job and a Delta 260 cam. The intake has been glass beaded and and reassembled. The transmission has been rebuilt and Terra Low 3.1 gears installed. Now for some pictures of what I started with:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have 5 brand new Snowflakes going on it.

Here is the intake before it was cleaned up.

Pile of parts for the intake.

After glass beading.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Preparing to pull the motor.

And it's out.

Now time for some serious BLING! Shipped the valve cover off to Carolina Hard Chrome and they did an awesome job.

Terra Low Gears

Pace Setter header

After Jet Hot coating

Front end is out

Getting ready for drop brackets

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Nice pics. This is going to be sweet when you're finished. :wink:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That pretty much catches the group up an where the project is. I have heavy duty Sway-A-Way torsion bars ready to go in. I will be putting in OME leaf springs and Joe Darlington drop brackets for the front. I will post updates as I make progress. I am hoping to have everything done by Hallowarrie

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
wow looking good.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Looks Beautiful. Nice work.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
:shock: Beautiful!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
LOOKING GRETA!!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
black98rodeo said:
Nice pics. This is going to be sweet when you're finished. :wink:
Hah ... Troopers are never finished.

Does look awesome though. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the comments guys! I do have to give some serious props and thanks to Jerry Lemond with the motor and Terra Lows, he is truely the best!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Inspiring build.

Ticket stamped for show.. :happy1:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am currently waiting for my Indy4X suspension parts to arrive got their Pro Lift with the Rancho 9000 shocks. Just ordered up an Aussie locker for the rear and an ARB for the front. I will be installing OME heavy duty springs (about 3" lift) and some other goodies. I will also be installing VX seats when I get to the interior. Found a 1999 or 2000 VX in Dalls and got front and rear seats for 250.00. I am not sure I can use the back seat or not due to width but will ponder my options when I get them home but the front seats in a first gen Trooper is going to be fun!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
buffy said:
I am currently waiting for my Indy4X suspension parts to arrive got their Pro Lift with the Rancho 9000 shocks. Just ordered up an Aussie locker for the rear and an ARB for the front. I will be installing OME heavy duty springs (about 3" lift) and some other goodies. I will also be installing VX seats when I get to the interior. Found a 1999 or 2000 VX in Dalls and got front and rear seats for 250.00. I am not sure I can use the back seat or not due to width but will ponder my options when I get them home but the front seats in a first gen Trooper is going to be fun!
You should ask nfpgasmask. He's got a first gen and a VX. I'm sure he could take some measurements for you and let you know if it's a possibility to swap in the rear seat. Another option would be to find the split rear seat out of a first gen LS and have it recovered to match. That would be like the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I actually have a VX as well which is where I got the idea from. I've just been too lazy lately to get the back seat out of storage for a comparison. I don know where a LS is if I decide to go the recover route. 8)

1 - 20 of 112 Posts