Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over on the wood working forums I belong to, whenever anyone finds a useful new tool or finishing product we always tell the others about it. Its in that spirit that I recommend something that I tried yesterday with astounding results.

Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer - cleaner.

It comes in a black spray bottle and claims to safely clean all interior surfaces and restore and protect the original appearance. In other words, it does not leave a super slippery, super shiny surface. It just cleans the surface, and it cleans it really well. You want slippery, shiny - get the Armour-all stuff.

Having had good luck with the A/C repairs, I decided it was time to clean the interior as it had not been touched in over 3 years and had been exposed to rain, dust, and nicotine (as both the wife and I smoke in the truck) due to running with the windows down constantly. The dash vents had not been adjusted in so long that they were frozen in place and refused to move!

Not only did this product take the heavy dirt off the dash, door panels and console, after two attempts the dash vents loosened and a third and fourth cleaning removed all the built up crud and the vents not only look like new, they act like it too.

Not real sure how the pictures will show this, but my truck is used as a daily driver and general household work vehicle. Over the years its carried everything from babies to groceries to concrete patio blocks, woodworking machines, and copious amounts of lumber. Since my stroke it has been carrying my wheeled walker all the time. All of which have taken a toll on the appearance inside.

Here is the tail gate before I tried the cleaner..

And that same tailgate after two applications to the cleaner using only a terry cloth hand towel as a scrubber.

A couple of more applications and the use of a brush should remove all traces of the ground in grime that is still left behind in the little molded in crevasses in the plastic.

I bought this stuff at the local Walmart in a 16oz spray bottle. I have also seen it at Advanced Auto and Autozone. Walmart was a few pennies cheaper.

Anybody who wants to "freshen up" the interior of their truck and get some of the new look back without that annoying shiny glare into a neglected and tired interior should give this a try.

P.S. No... I don't work for Meguiar's!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Looks good. I typically dont like the Armour All super shine so this looks like a great product for me. Might see if they have some at the store today, havent cleaned the Passport since we bought it :!:

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
I'm totally sold on Meguiar's products. I use them on everything I have which are worthy of exterior/interior care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts