Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Rodeo with keyless entry. For some reason, when I use my physical key to unlock the door, the alarm goes off. This seems to be unsystematic, just random, but more times than not. I don't mind using my keyless entry, except when I don't want to make any noise with the beeps. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine does the same thing. It will also decide not to work sometimes when it's cold.

When it gets cold at night it will also sometimes go off for no apparent reason. I spoke with a dealer about it and he said that it was caused by the fact that the sensors on Isuzus use mercury. That when the temperate changes the mercury would also change thus setting off the alarm.

·
Registered
52 Posts
if you lock the vehicle with the key fob it sets the alarm you must unlock with the key fob or the alarm will go off (stupid design yes) there are no switches or sensors on the key cylinder to let the a;arm module know that the ley you are using is in fact the for that vehicle

lock it with the key unlock with key no problem

as far as Isuzu dealer tyelling you about mercury in the system (FOS) sounds like there may be a little to much mercury in their water supply if you are still under warranty ask them to check your door and hood switches to be sure they are operating properly the hood one has been an issue for me a few times. if this does not work ask them to replace your alarm module. There are no shock sensors on this vehicle and the alarm system does not have a mercury temp sensor of any type. Its people like that that give me (dealer tech) a bad name sounds like they did not know what to tell you so they used the mercury thing as an excuse to get you off of their back

·
Registered
591 Posts
jefftb- if you want to turn of the "chirp", try this procedure:

: TURNING CHIRP CONFIRMATION ON/OFF
: This procedure is for turning the Arm/Disarm confirmation chirp ON or OFF. All steps must be followed carfully. It may take several attempts to sucessfully perform this procedure. Perform these steps as quickly as possible.
: Step: Operation: Confirmation
: 1: Close all doors
: 2: Open the driver's door
: 3: Insert key in the driver's door lock.
: 4: Turn key to lock-center-unlock (Left-center-right) 3-times, in one-second intervals
: 5: Close and open the driver's door 2-times, in one second intervals. (Door pin switch may be toggled instead.)
: 6: Turn key to lock-center-unlock (Left-center-right) 3-times, in one-second intervals
: 7: Close and open the driver's door. RESPONSE: The doors will lock and unlock 1-time.

G/luck
Joel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.