Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I got off road while hunting in a field soaked pretty well. I was only in about 2-3" deep grassy mud when my Trooper got stuck...just 30 yards from the gravel road.

I had hubs locked and TOD going...but I wasn't getting ANY traction on either front tire. Note: tires are in excellent shaper- Dueler Revo's). My friend got out and watched and said that my fronts never turned. Is this normal with TOD...not to have any wheel rotation on the front when the backs are spinning.

After some rocking, I was able to floor it out of the field in reverse. I can't figure this out b/c I've been in much worse conditions and not experienced this. Any thoughts..?

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
If I'm correct, the TOD system still has a vacuum disconnect on the front axle - because you have a 2wd setting. You should check that. See if the vacuum lines have ice or water in them, and are still attached. Next remove the mechanism and see if it cycles properly. Then check the dog clutch that is in the axle. See if it is stuck.

Did you convert to manual hubs? If so, you should check their internals.

-Tad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.