Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks I am new to this forum and have a couple of questions.

1) What is the most likely reason for the recent check engine light coming on, where and how do I check this out? Car has approx 35,000 miles on rebuilt motor

2) Where are the Oxygen sensors on the 1996 Trooper 3.2L.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
591 Posts
You need a OBDII code reader to determine the code#.
The most common cause for a CEL on 1996+ is a loose or faulty(leaky) gas cap. You must keep positive pressure in the gas tank on OBDII compiant vehicles (all 1996+) Real easy fix!!!
You have 4 oxygen sensors on a 1996+ isuzu V6. One threaded into the pipe before each catalytic converter & one after each cat.

G/luck
Joel

·
Registered
16 Posts
If 2eyefishclaw or wrenchmonster could lead me in the right direction I would be forever grateful. (I didn't post the first CEL question, but I have a puzzling OBD code nonetheless).
I get code P1393, which flashes as a misfire on the AutoZone handheld, but Isuzu told me it means some sort of bad connection between the ECU and PCM.
Do either of you know what that code is for? The truck runs fine, no drop in gas mileage, oil consumption, power or any other signs of trouble and the light has been on longer than I'd like to admit.

Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
P1393 = G-sensor high voltage this sensor helps the PCM determine road shock from spark knock it should not be very expensive and is easy to change it is mounted on the frame pass rear right behind wheel well you will be able to get to it between the frame and body

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.