Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Isuzu owners, Troopers that is. I bought my 2001 Trooper in August, with 40000 miles on it, and a short 5000 miles later, 2000 miles after oil change (full synthetic Castrol 5W/30) I pushed a connecting rod thru the block. The short of it is, the vehicle was fully repaired, 8 days later, but I could not take it from the dealership until the bill of 8500 US was paid in full!!!! The vehicle falls under the original powertrain warranty, 3 years/60,000 miles, but because the SUV is Canadian, and warranty work done in the states must be paid for, then the Canuck Warranty will supposedly pay you back.

Well.....I am waiting while the Isuzu Warranty dept. in Canada decides on the fate of the truck. They...of course...want to lay all the blame on me, somehow I stopped oil flow to #3 crankshaft main bearing ONLY, causing it to overheat and seize up. They seem intent on laying all the blame on me, and of course if they want to analyze the engine and tear it apart peice by peice looking for exactly what happened, then i sit and wait.

I do not have a courtesy car, nor have they offered one. I know the holidays slowed everything down, but this is now ridiculous. I have no idea what to do, who to phone,, where to go, what to think anymore. Angry??? You betcha I am. Has anyone out there had similar problems with warranty on Isuzu?? Or, for that matter, has anyone ever had a Isuzu blow up with 40000 miles on it? I just cannot believe that this vehicle with such low miles on it blew on me! If there is any help out there for me, i would certainly be happy to get some!!!!!!

signed, a very unhappy Isuzu owner

·
Registered
416 Posts
Write letters to Isuzu corporate management and CC all the regional management and the local service staff on this letter.

Include names, dates, and every itty bitty detail you can. Quote staff that was rude to you with their names and offices/titles.

Upper management never ever likes to see this sort of stuff and they usually will expedite the matter and at the very least get you something to drive around in the meantime.

Don't be nasty in the letter, just paint an ugly picture in the letter and make them look bad.

This technique has always worked for me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It also might be worth mentioning that you have asked a forum if anyone else has had this problem. That way, without actually saying it you are infact sayiung that you are more than happy to go public with it.
Just my .02.

Cris

P.S. Sorry about your troubles. That really sux. We had a similar problem with a 99 Olds with 15,000 on it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, others have had the motors sieze up due to lack of oil. The 3.5l burns oil worse than a diesel. Put the pressure on them, search the Isuzu forums (especially ITOG).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.