Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

The other day I was driving to work and went to roll my window down. Pushed the button and the window went down a few inches then I heard a scraping noise and it rolled itself back up. Since then pushing the button had the opposite effect as it did originally and the window would only go up and down a few inches.

I then used the window a few times over the next few days since I didn't have time to take it apart. Of course it stopped working altogether.

Took the door panel off today and here is where the questions will start :)

I see two cables inside the door and a big pulley that they attach to. Both cables are reasonably intact. The motor is strong. I see at least one hole that the cable can go in on the pulley.

Pretty sure I can get it working again but the bracket that holds the top cable is bent. I need to be able to get to it.

Does anyone know if the door on a 96 rodeo disasembles any more than just taking the interior panel off? Will I need to remove the entire apparatus to get to the upper bracket that hold the cable?

Anyone who's done this before, tips?

Thanks,

Nathan

·
Registered
564 Posts
No experience with Rodeos, but typically there's a way to detach the window from the up/down mechanism (the "regulator"), and remove it, and then unbolt the regulator assembly and lift it up and out the top of the door using the service holes in the door. It's next to impossible to work on the regulator while it's in the door.

You can almost never get replacement regulator parts, you usually wind up doing a wholesale swap-out. Sometimes you get lucky though.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kind of what I thought. I'm holding the window up by jamming a piece of cardboard in the window now.

Will pull it all apart again some other time.

Thanks for the response,

Nathan

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rodeo is about the same, only a little differnt -- you'll wanna pul the glass first (comes out as described in 's post,

Then unplug the regulator, remove it 's mounting screws and pull it out the access hole in the BOTTOM of the door frame ... (think down and not up for pulling the regulator and you'll be fine -- the power-unit is sold as a single piece which includes the regulator)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.