Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... I have just about had it with this one. What is the trick to loosening the power steering pump pivot bolt on a '94 3.2L Trooper? I know it's a 14mm bolt but the bolt head is so close to the houseing of the pump that I can not get the open or closed end wrench around it, and the holes in the pulley are not close enough to the bolt to allow me to get a socket on the bolt firmly enough to turn it. I've attacked this thing from the top, the bottom, the wheel well (where I still could not get the open ended wrench around it) and I've finally come to you guys.

What's the deal here? I know I'm not that bad of a mechanic, having done oil changes, tranny swaps, head replacements, sender replacements and all that fun stuff that takes twisting and bending and scrapped knucles, but this is rediculous!

Thanks for your help!

-Carl

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I also have a 94 Trooper. I've loosened that bolt a few times. I turned the PS pump pulley until the hole in the pulley lined up with the bolt. Then I put a socket on the bolt and then the socket wrench on the socket. I used an open end wrench on the bolt in the middle of the pulley to turn the pulley.

-Tad

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah.. I tried that. Maybe my socket walls are just too fat to fit between the bolt and the pump housing because I can't get any socket on there.

Thanks for the help, guess I'll keep going at it until it's stripped =]

--Carl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.