Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a battery wire that is hot all the time at the ECM on my 1989 Trooper V6 ? If so could it be used to power a low amp plug in for charging radios or cell phones. I have the plug in installed at the back of the console and there are other sources for power but they are going to be a PIA to run a wire. Thanks DAVE

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
On the 89 2.6L, it shows a constant hot to the ecm. Originates from fuse #6 (10 amp), changes colors a couple of times and the wire terminating to the ecm is gray in color. You also have other options like the headlamp switch, ignition switch, etc.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Shooter! I took the easy way for now, there is an empty 4 pin plug coming out of the main wire harness to the back.This connector is under the front tray of the console and one pin is hot when the key is on so it was an easy job to hook up the cigarette lighter plug in. I really wanted a plug in that was hot all the time but that meant trying to snake a wire under the vinyl flooring (I don't know why I didn't put the wire in when I had the carpet out I had planned on this since I got the truck ) Oh well. I do have a battery wire that runs down the right frame rail for a trailer and my rear lights and if I get ambitious I will try to get a wire from the console to the grommet under the rear seat some time in the future. Thanks again DAVE

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Anytime. You do have 2-3-4 "constant" hot wires (no key required) under the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts