Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious as to how wheel paint holds up compared to powder coat for 2nd generation Trooper Alloys. The mag chloride they put on the roads here seems to be hard on wheels. Also, would be interested in any pics of different color redone 2nd generation Trooper Alloys. Thanks.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is spray bomb?

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I sprayed mine and it's held up for like 4 years. Purdy impressive in my opinion.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
If I were you I would totally rattle can them. Powdercoating is expensive and from what I've heard, it scratches easier than you'd think. While it would probably hold up a bit better than paint, if you ever scratched them it would be a b!tch to have them powdered again.
I say prep them well, paint them, and retouch as needed.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
streetersam said:
If I were you I would totally rattle can them. Powdercoating is expensive and from what I've heard, it scratches easier than you'd think. While it would probably hold up a bit better than paint, if you ever scratched them it would be a b!tch to have them powdered again.
I say prep them well, paint them, and retouch as needed.
Maybe the biggest unsung benefit of rattle can paint jobs. Very easy to retouch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.