Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will look after your vehicle post rapture. The cost is free for Isuzu's Toyota's Nissan's and Mitsubishi's. Domestics there is a fee.

PM me for details.

It would be a major help if you could bring them to me. I will make sure they get all fluids changed once you are gone along with other maintenance, and if its a wheeler, i will make sure it gets put on the trail.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(I just saw an ad similar to this on craigslist. what a scam! :lol: )

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
What is the policy concerning refunds?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SurferJoe said:
What is the policy concerning refunds?
I will return your vehicle to you.....

when i get around to it :lol: :lol: :lol:

only fees are for Domestic cars and Trucks except for Ford Bronco's and muscle cars.

Import Trucks and cars are free of charge, per my original ad 8)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Brilliant!!

I can assure you I will stay here after the rapture! gimme a call, let's get this business started!

What a bunch of idiots!

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I read where a lot of the people who followed that had quit their jobs and given away all their life savings. Imagine how they are feeling about now? I feel kinda bad for them.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
cronk said:
I read where a lot of the people who followed that had quit their jobs and given away all their life savings. Imagine how they are feeling about now? I feel kinda bad for them.
Can't say I do...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Well, the rapture was "rescheduled" for October 21, 2011, I think.

Guys, I can't belive people are that "stoopeed"

For real, I promiss I will stay here! What ya need?

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
People are retarded, they believe everything they hear. I'm with bigswede, I don't feel sorry for 'em, not one bit.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
It's hard to have empathy for someone who obviously has disregarded what they place so much faith in - a human preacher using the Bible as his secret personal source of prophecy.

Camping is obviously charismatic and has a persuasive way about him or he couldn't have fooled as many as he did.

Sadly, those who misuse of the Bible as in this case have caused a lot of death and destruction - someone will always ply upon the weaknesses of someone else under the authority of their title (in this case a preacher), education (or lack of it) and a reputable source (the Bible).

The lemming-like attitude is what he has depended upon and whatever his purposes are - money? - fame? - power? - glory? - a book deal? - are at the expense of a lot of people who could ill-afford this folly, and will now fall upon the backs of taxpayers and families/friends to support them since all their earthly possessions are now gone.

Didn't we all see this same parade a few years ago when people were going to ride on the flying saucer that was hiding behind the Hale-Bopp or Jonestown? There are many others too, off the radar.

Most of these leaders gather people who flow to their own tide of disgust, hate or feelings of supremacy for the world's conditions in general and individuals who are generally angered about conditions in which they have no control nor any input.

What usually happens is that these groups whose promises grandiose, are really aesthetic nihilism, destructive cultism, extreme violence, sexual deviancy, conspiracy co-theorists, extreme forms of nationalism and/or revelatory words from a supreme being, be it a God, a Martian or voices.

It's easy to sit on the outside, after this doomsday passed with no results and say that we knew better. Those who were truly fooled - well I feel sorry for them in ways that make me glad that I am not so, but those who did this with malice towards the rest of the world and flouting a superior knowledge about a secret, are to be reviled.

The leader in this case, I hold to blood guilt responsibility.

I have a very interesting C/P from an article on cults - it's kinda long, but most of my posts are (sorry) but it's a very interesting read:::

(A) subcategory of cult movements are the doomsday cults, characterized by the central role played by eschatology in these groups' belief systems.

Although most religious movements adhere to some beliefs about the eventual end of the world as we know it, in doomsday cults, these tend to take the form of concrete prophesies and predictions of specific catastrophic events being imminent, or in some cases, even expected to occur on a particular calendar date.

This category of religious movements includes some well-known cases of extremely destructive behavior by adherents in anticipation of the end of times, such as the mass suicide by members of the Peoples Temple in 1978, the Branch Davidians in 1993 and the Heaven's Gate in 1997, although many examples are known of doomsday cults that do not become nearly as destructive.

This latter class of doomsday cults are of theoretical interest to the scholarly study of cults, because of the often paradoxical response of adherents to the failure of doomsday prophesies to be confirmed.

Social psychologist Leon Festinger and his collaborators performed a detailed case study of one such group in 1954, subsequently documented in "When Prophecy Fails".

The members of a small, obscure UFO cult in question were very quick to amend their world-view so as to rationalize the unexpected outcome without losing their conviction about the validity of the underlying belief system, despite the obvious evidence to the contrary.

The authors explained this phenomenon within the framework of the cognitive dissonance theory, which posits that people are in general motivated to adjust their beliefs so as to be consistent with their behavior, in order to avoid the painful experience of a dissonance between the two.

On this account, the more committed one is at the behavioral level to their beliefs being true, the more driven one is to reduce the tension created by dis-confirming evidence.

An important implication of this theory is that common, universal psychological factors contribute to the persistence of what otherwise appear to be bizarre and even absurd set of beliefs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts