Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imamonstertruck said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuz...2863366?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27bd7dcf06
this dude is threatening to scrap it. Say's he can get $650 from the yard. IDIOT. I contacted him for the round eyes if he decide's to send it to the bone yard. No reply. Moron.

cheers
-Ian
shooter said:
Ain't no way he gets 627.38 for scrap. Any how, hope you get the parts. You know exactly the parts you need for the conversion, right? If he does send it to the scrap yard, find out which one and see if it's in proximity to you or one of the Tenn. members.
imamonstertruck said:
shooter said:
Ain't no way he gets 627.38 for scrap. Any how, hope you get the parts. You know exactly the parts you need for the conversion, right? If he does send it to the scrap yard, find out which one and see if it's in proximity to you or one of the Tenn. members.
He will not get back to me, and I have called him as well. Nothing. :x
He finally got back to me and wants to know what he needs to get me... Ths is exciting!!!

So, what all do I need from him?... grill, lamps, buckets wires and screws?

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess there is nothing more I should need from this guy?

cheers

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
grille and clips which attach grille and the small screws which hold the grille to the clips. Make sure along with the clips holding the front of the grille that the clips at the ends of the grille are grabbed.

headlamps and head lamp buckets. Any associated bolts / screws

parking lamp / turn signal assemblies and lens and associated clips / screws

The lamp connectors with wires attached. Enough wire on each connector to make it doable, say 6" of wires or more.

If he has the small isuzu emblem for the grille center, get that also (and its retainer clip)

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, now he is not sure if he wants to sell anything off the truck and he is attempting to sell the truck to me :roll: as if I need a fourth trooper. Or he is wanting to fix the trooper, all that is wrong is the input shaft bearing. So I directed him to the planet and to our esteemed JLEMOND for the parts... I guess I am on the hunt once more.

cheers
-Ian

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I have a round-eye set-up but the danged shipping is so wonky with it being so long. I figured I'd have to send it Greyhound to make it worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CatFuzz said:
I have a round-eye set-up but the danged shipping is so wonky with it being so long. I figured I'd have to send it Greyhound to make it worth it.
Now that is a new one for me :D ...

Well, if you can find a way to send it, I will buy it. What kind of condition is it in?...

cheers

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
It's not perfect but I'd say, for what they are, it's pretty good. There are some nice metal tabs in place of the plastic ones and I think one of the turn signals has a little bit of heat warp from the bulb being too hot. I'll take it off the wall and maybe snap a pic or three.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you get a chance would be fine. I am still waiting it out with this guy. We will see.

cheers

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Took some pics. Will post a little later. I seem to be missing the Isuzu logo emblem. I had it, not sure what happened to it.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CatFuzz said:
Took some pics. Will post a little later. I seem to be missing the Isuzu logo emblem. I had it, not sure what happened to it.
cool man!
:D
cheers

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
looks like you are missing the lights and brackets

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
jeremy_worden said:
looks like you are missing the lights and brackets
Yeah, you'd still need the buckets and the the retaining rings for the lights. The round lights themselves can be bought anywhere and Auto Zone sells a universal retaining ring kit but the buckets are absolutely key. Also you would need the connectors for the blinker lenses.

Hey Ian, there is a new yard here in the Nashvegas area that's got two 86's on the lot. Just FYI.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I have all that. Just didn't make it into the pic. Oh wait, yes it did! You can see the buckets in the wide shot of the grill. I don't have the headlights. You can buy those anywhere. The rings are there too. And the turn signal connectors are in the first pic along with 8 mounting clips.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks to be in good shape. That bracket in the fourth pic, how many are there and how do they mate to the front of the truck? Do you have the harness and wires for the round lamps? I would rather find a whole kit but if it just the headlamps you are missing, I can find those. Let me know.

cheers

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
imamonstertruck said:
Looks to be in good shape. That bracket in the fourth pic, how many are there and how do they mate to the front of the truck? Do you have the harness and wires for the round lamps? I would rather find a whole kit but if it just the headlamps you are missing, I can find those. Let me know.

cheers
Those little metal tabs replace the original mounting tabs. There is one for each mounting tab. Four total, I believe. They attach to the little plastic plugs with screws and those plugs push into square holes that should already be on your core support. The plugs for the headlights are universal and I'm pretty sure your square headlight plugs will plug into round headlights. Someone else might want to chime in here. I don't actually have a 1st gen Trooper, I just nabbed the round-eye setup from pull and save because I knew someone would want it.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
87-91 grilles are held in place by place push in connectors. The 86 and older have small plastic thread "nuts" which push into and lock in the same holes where the newer trooper black plastic connectors locked in. The 86 grille attaches to those threaded plastic connectors (white in color) with small screws and the aforementioned tabs. The headlamp buckets attach (small bolts) directly to the core support with no mods required. The only time consuming task is the replacing of small lengths of wires and proper connectors.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I would highly suggest going with some e-code hellas for that round eye setup. I have driven for the last few years on those sealed beams and finally coughed up the coin to upgrade to some real lights, and all i can say is WOW! Totally worth the $90 to see at night and more importantly, in the rain. Susquehanna motorsports carries em, and get some decent bulbs (i got some silverstars) or buy the package from them that comes with bulbs and hit the lights and cruise through the darkest rainiest night you can find.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts