Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
94 passport, 3.2 auto 4x4. 3" lift via torsion crank and ball joint flip. i have NOT trimmed any of the travel stops.
both front CVs are new, ball joints are all new. 4x4 doesnt make one bit of noise driving, turning, all works like it should.
if one or the other front wheel gets shoved clear up and the other hangs, i get an extremely loud pop / bang that to me sounds like a CV binding up. Sometimes it waits untill after rolling 10 feet on flat ground and others its as soon as a front wheel rolls up on some twisty stuff. it did it with the old original dried up axles with no boots left, and with 2 brand new axles and the retainer clips are staying in place. i cant track it down and im wondering if anyone els has had this happen. i am still using the auto hubs, but they are in great shape and nothing inside was found to be worn, cracked or damaged. could it possibly be the chain in the T case climbing over itself? (auto trans are chain drive as far as ive read) i can post a video if need be.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts