Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1986 Isuzu trooper. 2.3. My problem is it pops out of 4 hi all the time. No matter what I'm doing. Just backing it out of my RV parking (gravel) it pops out.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
hogger38 said:
I have a 1986 Isuzu trooper. 2.3. My problem is it pops out of 4 hi all the time. No matter what I'm doing. Just backing it out of my RV parking (gravel) it pops out.

Thanks
Bungee the shifter, to the seat base.

:wink:

And welcome to the ZUU !!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
There is a spring under the shifter boot that puts tension on the t-case shifter. Your's is probably broken or missing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright. I'm new here so I'll have to catch up with the terms. Thanks for your help. I see you a lot on here. Always looking for info on this trooper of mine. I love it. And want it to run and look great. I do appreciate all the help, and will more than likely have more questions.

·
Registered
602 Posts
hogger38 said:
My problem is it pops out of 4 hi all the time. Just backing it out of my RV parking (gravel) it pops out.

Thanks
Does the shifter pop out or does the hubs pop out of 4wd? Its normal for the hubs to go from lock to unlock then back to lock when moving in the opposite direction which is why true offroaders got to manual hubs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts