Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2000 Rodeo and am very pleased with my purchase.

However, the front doors make a popping noise when you open and close them. Thought greasing the hinges would take care of it, but no such luck.

Any ideas? Anyone else have this issue? Was there a recall or something I don't know about?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Check to see if you can tighten the bolt heads right where you greased the slide hinge. Mine were loose and made a popping noise. There is also a bushing that can be put in if it's not the loose bolts. Read this:

http://www.planetisuzoo.com/articles.htm/39

·
Registered
75 Posts
The dealer put in nylon bushings for free when I requested it during some other warranty work. They would probably even do it for free after warranty expires since it is so easy and inexpensive to replace the bushings and it is a known issue.

Pete

·
Registered
166 Posts
Had this done under the 3yr/50000 warrantee. There is a nylon bushing that wears out in the door stop. Very easy to see once you pull out the pin. When you go in for warranty on this, Isuzu actually will repalce the entire striker unit at a cost to them of about 30-60 mins labor and about a $40-$50 part. The actual part causing the noise is about a $1 and it easily replaced in about 5 minutes with a needle nose pliers.

Rob

·
Registered
166 Posts
Had this done under the 3yr/50000 warrantee. There is a nylon bushing that wears out in the door stop. Very easy to see once you pull out the pin. When you go in for warranty on this, Isuzu actually will repalce the entire striker unit at a cost to them of about 30-60 mins labor and about a $40-$50 part. The actual part causing the noise is about a $1 and it easily replaced in about 5 minutes with a needle nose pliers.

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.