Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.independent4x.com/item.html? ... ID=1211881

Independent4x has these POLY COIL SPACER - 2" also 1". Anybody know the story on these? Can you really get a little lift with just these in back? How hard are they to install? Do you have to buy new shocks or make any other adjustments? Suppose I could call Independent4x but I thought I'd ask here first. Are they worth the $100? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I run a set of those. It really is a simple process to install them. You disconnect the two bolts on the bottom of the shocks, jack up the frame and slide these spacers in in place of the stock spring pads. Lower the jack and reconnect the shocks. You'll have better articulation (because of more droop) if you get longer shocks as well, but they aren't required.

Then crank up the front to match.

-Tad

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do any Rodeo owners out there know where to lift the body from to install these poly spacers?

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
they go with the coil springs for a suspension lift, they are not body lift pucks

so you would install as per Tad's instructions and jack up and support the frame.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whoops! :shock: Well duh, don't know what I was thinking.... :lol:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I tried to do it tad's way, a while back. I couldn't lift the body enough so that i had enough room to get the coil springs out. I had to use a spring compressor....AND IT WAS TERRIBLE

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Disconnecting the sway bar helps a lot to allow the axle to droop far enough to get the spacers in.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Good point on the sway bars. If you have them in the rear.

Also, should not the back of the truck be about 1 inch higher
than the front?? I thought this improves handeling. I was going to
use these for that reason.

Thoughts

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
I know on my 99 Trooper I prefered a more even stance, handling seemed to degrade with the nose down some. Whether a Rodeo would be the same, hard to say. It is easy to crank the front down some and see how you like it...

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Changing the stance so its higher in the back will change the caster alignment of the front end, so you may need to get it aligned. If they can adjust the caster enough.

Think of a chopper vs a race bike. The angle of the front forks is alot more on a chopper. Great for straight roads but not so good for turning. The race bike is alot more 'twitchy' on straight runs and might wander around but great in the twisties.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.