Isuzu SUV Forum banner

What weekend should we do Spring Uwharrie 2015?

• April 9-12?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • April 16-19?

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • April 23-26?

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • January 1st. I'm ready NOW!

Votes: 2 10.5%

Poll: Uwharrie Spring 2015. Let's get this party started!

13K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  Ssiggy 
#1 ·
Alright. I'm ready to reserve a cabin. Easter is April 5th. Are we gonna do April 23-26?

#2 ·
Most of my next 6-12 months is up in the air, wife and I are moving to greenville in January. But that only means I'll be that much closer to Uwharrie. Can't put much input into when the next one should be, but I really want to try to make it. End of April should be nice....and wet. :D
-J 8)

#5 ·
Dang. I'm not even unpacked yet!

That weekend doesn't work for me. I'll be in Vermont from 4/25-5/2. How about 4/9-4/12, 4/16-4/19 or 5/7-5/10?

#6 ·
It doesn't matter to me, I's just like to see a decision made ASAP.

#8 ·
Maybe we should do a poll like we did for the last trip? I can't do it on this thread as it must be done when the tread is started.

#9 ·
Hack said:
Maybe we should do a poll like we did for the last trip? I can't do it on this thread as it must be done when the tread is started.
That'd be great. I'll edit the 1st post. How do you do a poll? NM, I figured it out.

#10 ·
I would have voted for Jan 1 but I think the park will be closed. Also, I might be too hung over to drive 400 miles. :drunken:

#15 ·
Just a bit of my "noobness" showing here but, are the trails closed over the winter months or, just the campgrounds? :?

#16 ·
OK The 9th through 12th is bad I am in a wedding for my roomate and then the 16th-19th i am in Long beach for the race for work. So please lets do that last weekend or in early may :)

#19 ·
shaggydoink said:
p.s: during the off-season there's the opportunity to access OHV trails by volunteering at a scheduled work day... and yes, this *is* a bit of a shameless plug. ;)

Shaggy
Shameless as it may be, that sounds like a good time anyway. I did a "work day" with Eli and several others, back in the day, and while we did hang many signs and picked up a HEAP of trash, a good time was still had by all. :mrgreen:

#20 ·
Hey Shaggy, will you let us know when a work day is planned? Personally, I'd like to get my hands dirty and repay URE for the fun times there. Definitely no shame in that!

#21 ·
beater88 said:
Hey Shaggy, will you let us know when a work day is planned? Personally, I'd like to get my hands dirty and repay URE for the fun times there. Definitely no shame in that!
There is a semi-official day that's been planned for December 6:

http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/index.php?threads/december-6th-2014-uwharrie-workday.158159/

I've got a work trip that week that might prevent me from attending but I'm hoping to, I'll also likely be out there the following weekend and will post up if that's the case in the event anyone is interested in joining me for some good old trash collecting and trail riding... hey, it can't be ALL work and no play. ;)

Shaggy

#22 ·
I really hope I can make it out this year. It would be so cool to meet everyone and be apart of those sweet photos I see every 6 months. The moon and the stars will have to line up though for me to get the time off of work and to make from AZ. Im definatly going to try though!!!

#26 ·
shaggydoink said:
That's a good question. April 23-26 seems to be the preference... any reason not to shoot for this?

Shaggy
Although I can't make that weekend, I have to agree. Spoke to Jerry, and that is definitely his preference. Have fun guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.