Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PSGuardian and I are setting up a meet, so's I can buy some doors from him.

I hear he has others that may like to meet to pick up parts.

It occurred to me that we could make this into a meet and greet and swap 'meet'.

I'd really like to organize a good get together, with or without parts swaps.

How about the 11th or the 18th of June. Somewhere's in or around Seattle ?

Anyone can show up. Anyone can swap parts for any vehicle. Etc.

I don't live in Seattle anymore, so I can't really pick a place. But maybe someone in Seattle would know a good place.

If youn's wanted to come all the way out here, I can find a good camping spot to set up. We could have a barbeque, etc...

The public park in Index would be good. But there are really good riverside camping spots if you go on out Index-Galena road a bit. If people wanted more privacy for the group.

Who knows, maybe Reiter will be open by then as well. LOL

What do you all think ?

Portland ? Olympia ? Seattle ? Index-Reiter area ?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Either day would work for me, although I'd only be able to come out after work as I work Saturdays. Definitely a good idea, though, Seattle would be the better spot for a shorter meet, Index/Monroe area'd be better for a BBQ/longer meet up.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
A Sunday afternoon would work better for me too if I'm honest...

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like this'll be tougher than I thought.

For psguardian, Olympia, (Or Portland.), and wed-th-fri is needed.

I think that for driving distance, Olympia might be a good compromise for all.

Sunday would work as well for me as any other day.

And if youns just want a quick meet and greet, anyplace with a big parking lot, and near someplace where we could all nosh on some pizza or burritos or something, would work just as well.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As an additional thing, or an alternative...

I am going to be packing 4 doors back home, in an 88 trooper.

If anyone else between Index Wa, and Portland Or, are buying parts from psguardian...

And the extra parts can be packed in or on my troop...

Then maybe we could share the cost of the gasoline for the trip... I could make the trip down there to pick up the parts... And drop them off at the various locations on my way home.

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, if anyone between Portland and Index needs parts for a 2.8 v6 engine, I might have the parts, and could drop those off along the way, as well.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I knew I'd find this thread sooner or later lol. Seattle is doable, but as mentioned, I would be in better shape fuel wise if it were more in the Olympia area (bout 2ish hrs from everyone).

My wife & I work spilt shifts, she is mon-fri & I am sat-tue. I can get a sitter, but only on wed/thur/fri (my vac time is little & already spoken for).

if it's on a day I have off I can split fuel & cargo space with someone in the portland area. Will have an extended trailblazer or my 92 trooper, not sure which yet.

~psguardian

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
Louisville KY? :lol:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Delaware, Ohio is equal distance from both Seattle and Portland. I have plenty of room for the swap meet. PM me for Directions.

See you all soon. Glad we could settle this.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
336 Posts
95Rodeo4x4 said:
Delaware, Ohio is equal distance from both Seattle and Portland. I have plenty of room for the swap meet. PM me for Directions.

imamonstrertruck said:
Louisville KY? :Laughing:
Obviously you two gents have trouble with the concept of PNW or Pacific North West ;-)

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
95Rodeo4x4 said:

:laughing3: :sign5: :bootyshake:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would be down to meet in on a weekend day. I live in Everett and visit could always use a reason to visit my folks in Porltand so anywhere in between would work for me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'd be down, or up, or right here in Oly.. There is a good Irish pub in Oly that has a pretty big parking lot and good food too..

-C

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If someone is bringing OME coils, coil spacers, or a 2nd gen Troop brush guard, I just might make the 8-hour trip. 8)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Damn and me with out A highway worthy rig! I still have a bunch of parts left from that 94 rodeo I chopped up! Too bad you guys weren't over on this side of the state!................there seem to be very few members on this side of washington!

That settles it I'm Off to find us some new members!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'm more in the market for old Subaru parts at the moment, but I'd probably be able to pop in and say hi. I have friends in the Seattle area.

I do still have a 1st Gen parts truck, but it's getting pretty well picked over.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
I also have the 241-C (2.72:1 low) transfer-case & front drive shaft of an '89 Chevy 1500 up for sale/trade. IIRC it has approx 200k on it. (was mated to a 700r4, behind a stock 350 v8 ).

~psguardian

1 - 20 of 214 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.