Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey isuzu Guys i have a quick but yet very common question..... I have a 90 isuzu trooper with 15 inch rims , and looking to put a 3inch lift on it whats the biggest tire i can put on that with the 15 inch rim without rubbing,trimming, etc. please dont give me the chart please id like advice thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Trooper Guy1 said:
Hey isuzu Guys i have a quick but yet very common question..... I have a 90 isuzu trooper with 15 inch rims , and looking to put a 3inch lift on it whats the biggest tire i can put on that with the 15 inch rim without rubbing,trimming, etc. please dont give me the chart please id like advice thanks guys!!!
Free advice... since this is a "very common question", you probably know the answer already if you have done any reading on the subject. :wink:

Now for some ?'s... what gearing do you have, auto or manual, what is the purpose of going with the biggest tire you can fit (for looks or for function), what type of terrain do you plan on using it in, DD or trail pig, are you concerned about gas mileage, wear and tear on parts, what's the width of the rims, aluminium or steel, will you have a full size spare. :?:

I don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but, just because you can fit the biggest tire underneath a vehicle, doesn't mean that it will be the best tire... just trying to save you some problems down the road. :wink:

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,743 Posts
Based on your subject, this isn't JUST about tires. It's about how to help a newb on the forum. If not, the Subject is misleading. Either way, it's an opportunity to help a newb.

Your Subject should be a very very short summary of your issue. For example, "Largest tires for Trooper?" would be appropriate--then inside the post, you can fill in the details about the Trooper--what year, is it lifted, what engine/transmission, etc.

Hope that helps.

Jack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAHA deff a noob at this new stuff!! ahh i live in michigan just using the vechile for winter/fun times lol, my trooper is a 1990 2.8 v6 4x4 has about 120,000 on it its pretty clean not sure about the gears. gas mileage is not a prob with me, i believe they are steel 15" rims im gonna put a 3" lift on her soon and wondering would would look really cool!! i was thinking 34"s??

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
well, based on what the chart says, 33 would be ok with a 3" lift. (please keep in mind that the members on this forum built this chart with all of their knowledge.)

personaly i would not worry about a 3" lift and you can still go with 31" no rubbing issue. Also 31"s sitting at stock height dosent look to bad :wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks jerm!! ya thats what i have on them now is 31's i want 34 under her so bad tho lol i put about 5000 big ones in the fourwheel drive so everything is pretty new to handle what im about to get myself into.... ya the chart does seem pretty cool tho !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts