Isuzu SUV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ekholm1997 said:
No FB for me.... Don't want any ex-girlfriends sending me a "friend request".... :shock:
Love this forum though!!! :wink:
I hate* Facebook. Greatly prefer this forum.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Usuzi said:
I do not use Facebook.
Ditto.
The website most people know as "Facebook" is the re-branded (re-named) DARPA program actually known as "LifeLog", a Dept of Defense surveillance program. It's a little more difficult to get people to willingly sign up for a govt program with the stated goal of compiling a massive electronic record of every action & relationship network of everyone on the planet, including credit card purchases, web sites visited, the content of telephone calls and e-mails sent and received, scans of faxes and postal mail sent and received, instant messages sent and received, books and magazines read, television and radio selections, physical location recorded via wearable GPS sensors, biomedical data captured through wearable sensors. The high level goal of this data logging was to identify "preferences, plans, goals, and other markers of intentionality". Solution? Change the name & public image of the program. Create a fake, cutesy human interest story about a really smart but obnoxious college student who "invented" a "new" program called FB. On Feb 4, 2004 the Pentagon announced the "cancellation" of the "LifeLog" surveillance program. Coincidentally, on Feb 4, 2004, a "new", totally-NOT-about-surveillance-ok?program called "Facebook" was "founded".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.