Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
:eek: yep. time to rekindle it using the wealth of knowledge we have i guess.

major bummer. unless the mods are remodeling!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
:( :x Bastards

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,855 Posts
If there are daily database backups, all it need is a "restore" to the day before the spam attacks. (Then change it to manual approval)

Jack

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Thats gay. There was so much good info there. :(

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
JoeIsuzu said:
If there are daily database backups, all it need is a "restore" to the day before the spam attacks. (Then change it to manual approval)

Jack
Here's hoping.

Who is in charge of the wiki ?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Sstill there, just that all the links on the main page have been deleted.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Should be able to restore. If you look on the left, it has a link to "recent changes" and you can look at it before it was wiped:
http://wiki.planetisuzoo.com/index.php? ... oldid=1150
It looks like the main page was blanked, but all the linked pages are intact. Though it was my first look at the Planet's Wiki site so I don't have a frame of reference regarding any changes.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Restoring pages on the wiki should be fairly straight forward. MediaWiki is basically a versioning system at it's core, so if someone with Admin rights/privileges logs in, they should be able to revert the affected pages without too much issue. It's been a while since I've maintained a wiki, but I think you can be as fine grained as you want when reverting versions from the top down.

I haven't had a chance to go look, but it may have been restored or had the changes "undone" already.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Also if you just type in the vehicle you want info on in the search box it'll pop up.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Why is it completely blank?

·
Registered
Original owner, 1983 P'up LS (diesel)
2,855 Posts
To the admin:
I wrote a backup script that gets a database dump (backup) every night, and maintains the last seven days of backups separately. They automatically roll off after seven days. If you are on Linux/MySQL, and you're interested, holler at me.

Jack

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've got something similar from a while ago, although I think mine takes two dates (begin and end) and replays the transactions and such from that time period assuming you have a cron job to copy the logs to another location. But your backup script sounds like a much better solution for this task. :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
prolly a jeep owner :x

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.