Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im getting super rough shifting right after i went through some deep deep mud.. can i take out the little dust cover plate things and spray inside cuz i think some mud got in it... it was just replaced so any advice would be helpfull

·
Registered
677 Posts
Is there a dust cover on the bottom of the bell housing? I would think that as long as you can get it to drain you could try flushing the Clutch. Otherwise you'll probably end up pulling the tranny and the bell housing to really clean it. If that is indeed the problem.

Personally, before taking it into any more mud bogs, I'd make sure those dust covers are sealed so water and/or mud doesn't get in there again.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Check your fluid first. If you went through a lot of mud your tranny fluid may of been contaminated which can cause rough shifting.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Glad you made it through the mud, not just into it. I would be looking at the clutch lever, is it a hydrolic? Did it get contaminated? As suggested pull a plug on the tranny and see how it looks. If it's milky then flush it out. I really doubt that you got mud clear to the pilot bearing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts