Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Pink oily fluid out the exhaust

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Mindwebs 
I've use Valvoline full Synth in mine since it was brand new and now with 96,000 on her she is still looking like new! Everything comes up clean inside the rocker cover with no evidence of burnt oil on the lifters like I'd get with any of the dino brands. I also run 5000 between changes and always use the Fram tough duty filter as nearly all my driving is in the city and stop and go. I had the oil analyzed at the local Cummings diesel dealer and it came back pure, no deposits from bearing wear at all.

The pink stuff coming out of the exhaust..... My first suspect is anti-freeze leaking into the exhaust through a bad head gasket. Pull your dip stick and see if the oil appears to be foamy. If you got foamy stuff on the stick, and pink stuff out the exhaust, run a vacuum check on all the cylinders to see if one of them is lower than the others. If so.. head to the shop for a full head job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.