Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. today i finally sat down and figured out how to post pictures. (i did my first batch in the "general chit chat" room. i posted photos of the gorgeous day we had here in socal)

here's what i have so far:

this is what my trooper looked like when i bought it 3 years ago. these "before" photos are NOT actual photos of MY trooper. i hope that the owners of these Beautiful troopers don't mind that i used their pictures to replicate what i have. (thank you). all the photos that i did have, are forever lost in computer twilight zone.

this is where i'm at as of a month ago:
engine out, auto tranny out, 90% of front suspension out, front diff out next weekend (i hope)

one of the reason these after photos don't look like the before photos is because i dechromed everything and i have toyota tundra steel wheels showing on the rear at present. i have a set of 5 toyota tundra alloys that i'm planning on installing as well.

so, it's taken me over a year to finally post pictures. believe it or not, i'm actually mentally exhausted right now. i've been playing with this freakin' computer for over 4 1/2 hours just to post up 11 photos on two different threads. please don't expect more anytime soon. give me a month or so.

cheers guys, john

oh crap!!! i just did a preview and some of the photos are HUGE. how do i fix this guys??? i'm too tired to deal with it now!!! aaaaggghhh

OK! i figured out how to get these pictures down to a reasonable size.
hooray for me!!!

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Nice but you need to scale the large ones down some.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey shooter
this isn't playboy. i know that pictures are nice, but sometimes we also need to read the articles. :wink: if you notice at the very end, i mentioned that i screwed up, since this was my first time posting pictures. i will work on scaling down the photos (if i can figure it out)

cheers, john

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
govno88 said:
hey shooter
this isn't playboy. i know that pictures are nice, but sometimes we also need to read the articles. :wink: if you notice at the very end, i mentioned that i screwed up, since this was my first time posting pictures. i will work on scaling down the photos (if i can figure it out)

cheers, john
:lol: the above statement about the computer being mentally exhausting is exactly why i call it the confuse-er. :lol: :lol:

scale em down whenever. just scrolling over is a pain :x

·
Registered
3,587 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Great job!

As for the pics. Try using Photobucket to host them. Photobucket gives you the option of resizing them. Or automatically resizes them :)

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
dman4486 said:
why is this trooper photochopped to the pic?

govno88 said:
because every one knows that is not a troopers natural habitat. :lol:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dman4486 said:
why is this trooper photochopped to the pic?

govno88 said:
because that is not my trooper. i "borrowed" a photo of someone else's trooper, but changed the setting. as i stated earlier, i don't have any before pictures of mine, but this one is very close to what mine did look like.

i will post more pictures of my progress from this weekend. (if i remember how to post the photos)

see you in about an hour

cheers, john

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is what i have been working on the past 2 days.

this photo is showing the height difference between one of my old axle brackets and one that i extended. it's not really much of a differential drop, only about 1", but, everything helps with those cv joints, right?? one of the guys at work, Joe, fabbed these up for me. he wanted so much for these to look like factory, that he even made the little bent returns on the upper edges of the brackets.

this one is showing the differential and axles with the new brackets installed.

driver's side suspension -- before

driver's side suspension -- after
diff drop in, rebuilt cv's, new control arm bushings, new ball joints, the dust shield for the brakes is from a '99 trooper (big brakes will be installed)

everybody wants pictures, so i hope you like these.

cheers, john

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Great pics. We don't do well without pics. Looks like you and your buddy's combined effort is really paying off. Nice work.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
man! i'm on a roll with this "posting pictures" stuff.

here's more

my trooper is on jackstands in the front, but it's at a height that is pretty close to level. this picture shows the suspension all the way down. there is no bumpstop in place at the moment, it's metal to metal. i will be putting in a low profile stop though.
as you can see, the center of the wheel is now at 14" from the ground.

this photo is with the suspension all the way up. i used a jack under the LCA. one thing i did on the suspension was to trim about 5/8" of rubber off of the large compression stop. the spindle is now at 20" (almost).

i have 6" of wheel travel at the moment. i'm assuming that's a little bit more than normal. i suppose that's not bad considering the short control arms we have on these first gen troopers. what would be really nice would be to modify the third gen control arms to fit our first gens.

cheers, john

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
:D wow man lookin good 8) recon

·
Registered
529 Posts
Oh wow! such awsome progress!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
govno88 said:

this photo is showing the height difference between one of my old axle brackets and one that i extended. it's not really much of a differential drop, only about 1", but, everything helps with those cv joints, right?? one of the guys at work, Joe, fabbed these up for me. he wanted so much for these to look like factory, that he even made the little bent returns on the upper edges of the brackets.

driver's side suspension -- before

driver's side suspension -- after
diff drop in, rebuilt cv's, new control arm bushings, new ball joints, the dust shield for the brakes is from a '99 trooper (big brakes will be installed)

everybody wants pictures, so i hope you like these.

cheers, john
where does everyone get thoes????? or do they just fab them?

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can buy them or you can fabricate them. There's a thread around here somewhere with pics. You basically cut out the flat center where the bolt and axle holes are, weld in a longer plate, and then redrill the holes (or use the cutout portion with a filler plate). You can't tell in this example because it is such a meticulous job with the top edges curled over and all - that and the paint job.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bikesrcool said:
govno88 said:

cheers, john
where does everyone get thoes????? or do they just fab them?
once again bikesrcool, you ask questions that are already answered. it says right up there "joe fabbed these up for me".
you've been told many, many times to do your research. if you would just learn how to use the "search" tab at the top of the page. (but with you being 17, i'll lay money that you do know how to use it). look, you seem to be a talented kid. you've made your own disconnects, and you have plenty of ideas about what you want to do with your isuzu and your jeep. but, there is one thing about you. you don't want to learn from your mistakes. if you can't find answers in the "search", only then should you ask for answers. there are a couple of threads posted here on how to fab the axle brackets up, but you'll have to find them yourself.

AND, if you are a smart kid, you will say, "thank you mr. john for your constructive criticism" don't just tell me to stfu, as you have done so in the past. i'm old enough to be your grandfather. if you saw a 17 year old kid tell your grandfather to stfu what would you want to do to them??

cheers, john

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
this is what i was working on this weekend. i installed my brakes and my aisins.

the rotors and pads were going to be bought from ebay, but i found out that the seller is just 15miles from me. local pick up was fine, so i saved $20.00. the calipers, mounts and the dust shields are from a 1999 trooper, curtesy of pick-your-parts. also with the brake upgrade is a booster from a 1996 rodeo. the updated booster has a larger overall volume to it. the aisins also came from one of the local p-y-p yards.

cheers, john

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
looking good. big brake upgrade will pay off

1 - 20 of 29 Posts