Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2wd 1989 pickup I would like to convert to 4wd. One theory is to install the body on a Pre 92 Trooper Frame. I know they are similar but how close are they? Is the basic frame the same? are the 2dr models different than the 4dr?

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
hi,
i think you would be better off getting a Rodeo frame, all are built on 4wd chassis and i know that the first 6 cab bolts will line up, but the wheel base is off no matter what you do or what frame you use except a 88-95 Pup 4x4 frame. The amount of work and money, you could just sell you Pup and get another vehicle to build up, trooper, 4x4 Pup ,Rodeo. Sometimes you just have to spend the money instead of time to make it right and actally have something done and might save you money in the long run.
good luck
Ron

·
Registered
79 Posts
a Rodeo frame, all are built on 4wd chassis and i know that the first 6 cab bolts will line up
The Amigo is based on the same (shortened) frame right?

I've long thought of using a Pup cab on an Amigo frame to make a 'bobbed' flatbed 4x4. I've never had the chance to compare the body mounts, but figured the fronts would match up and it could be doable.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
HI,
the Amigo, Rodeo and Pup 4x4 share the same front frame section, but the amigo and rodeo have different wheelbases then the Pups (short and longbed). The rad support mounts and the first and second set of cab mounts are the same on the Amigo Rodeo and Pups 4x2 and 4x4 trucks. isuzu made ONE floor pan, with the exception of trans tunnel sizes and shifter location, for the 3 vehicles to keep costs low. Front the front doors forward are the same also,, except the amigo fenders and bumper ends. A truck cab on an Amigo frame, VERY INTERESTING idea. Kudos to you on that. Im doing a wide body Rodeo with an Amigo back again, my first one i never finished, but im converting the front frame clip to a 2wd truck frame so i can lower it.

Ron

·
Registered
39 Posts
whoa how cool would that be to put a pup body on a amigo frame and not use the original bed but make a custom flat bed... sick i wanna do it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.