Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas! Would anyone out there happen to have a pic of a 1st gen rodeo, that HASNT been body lifted, with the lower air dam removed? I've looked all over the Internet and I can't find one! Every pic I find is one of a body lift install. I will remove it eventually, but Im on the road and I just wanted to save some time by looking closely at potential places to put the lower support for my new push bar. Thanx for your help!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Man I sure do love a get set of snowflakes :love5:

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
I don't have a body lift on mine, and I've never removed my air dam. Here's a front end pic, just incase it might be what you're looking for.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
you mean the valance? I got one around here.

well it has no bumper. but it might help.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I needed to trim the valence to get bigger tyres to fit, I wanted to keep it rather than remove the whole thing as Ive seen truck with it removed and the engine suffers with water and mud ingress and it doesnt help any exposed belts and pulleys.
I see it not as an air dam but a water and crud dam :lol:

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
the last poster is right, after all the years of 4-wheelin, I wouldn't want to permanently remove that air dam, it really does protect a lot of area around the lower engine.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Just as a side note, I also put a plate across the air-dam to stop bigger stops and pond weed getting to the radiator, it doesnt cause any overheating issues but mine runs cool being the 4JB1

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Drift said:
Just as a side note, I also put a plate across the air-dam to stop bigger stops and pond weed getting to the radiator, it doesnt cause any overheating issues but mine runs cool being the 4JB1

Looks great! I had considered cutting some of the plastic out and replacing it with heavy screen material. I have the 6VD1 and I live in south Ms, so I have to keep the air moving!

·
Registered
827 Posts
A fine mesh should work just as well as long as you clean it after any wheeling trip, keeps bead bugs out at speed too :lol:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Drift said:
A fine mesh should work just as well as long as you clean it after any wheeling trip, keeps bead bugs out at speed too :lol:
Here's my other truck. I got the screen idea from after seeing how this one has steel screen with 1/4 inch (4mm for you, Larrr! Lol) holes in it. It works really well at keeping bugs out of the AC condenser and radiator.

·
Registered
827 Posts
:lol:
Wow bet that scoops a few bugs :shock:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Creeper, the valance does seperate. I only needed to replace my bumper so thats a passport bumper with my OEM valance. there is bolts inside to seperate. its not fun but go for it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
94Rodayo4x4 said:
you mean the valance? I got one around here.

well it has no bumper. but it might help.

real question- what are the sizes of the bolts that mount the brushguard to the 1st gen rodeos, therews 2 bolts underneath the front bumper and 2 on the bumper, any info would help me out alot, i just really want my brushguard on my truck but nobody seems to know the size of the bolts needed

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
I've seen them with everything from 3/8 and thick flat washers to the 3/4 bolts that hold the bottom straps for the WARN bar I'm selling (I've removed, owned and or sold at least 4 brush guards as whenever I saw one in the yards I got them and passed them on here). The Warn bar has a reinforcing plate that bolts to the bottom of the bumper between the bumper and the valence and transfers bar mounting to the actual bumper mounts. FWIW: once you unplug the turn signal light plugs, there are only 4 bolts that hold the bumper / valence on. It will actually slip into place and catch on 2 tabs on the frame to reinstall.
The "snubbers". I'm not sure how strong they are as they are actually energy absorbing devices for crash impact. Dennis

1 - 20 of 20 Posts