Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the o rings replaced 3x and #1 continues to leak, i am not sure of what part # is needed or the o-ring size.
Ticos are very...how shall i say...creative in problem solving but not necessarily effective..I am in costa rica and parts are a challenge. is there a bigger size to seal a problem injector? Can anyone tell me the dimensions or size o-ring i will need?
all of my tools are back in the states for now..what will i need to change out the injector seal...also have no manual and could use a description of the steps..
thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Why not just get a new injector?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stusvend said:
Why not just get a new injector?
This..."I am in costa rica and parts are a challenge"

from my first post.....

But I am driving to the "big" city today...lol..Nicoya and will ask about a new injector...

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Yes, I read your first post.

Dont they ship parts to Costa Rica? PM JLEMOND on here. He has the injectors and at a fair price. I'm sure there would be no problem in shipping them there.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Where is it leaking? At the point where it pushes into the fuel rail? Or at the tan plastic part of the injector where it meets the metal body?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
When you say it's leaking, you mean it's leaking fuel?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is leaking from the top of the injector .

I was just told there is a plastic collar, which
Should also be changed as part
Of a rebuild of the Injector, not
Just the o-ring...

·
Registered
99 Posts
there are 2 rings per hole. one "o-ring" and one square shouldered

you must re-use a copper (or steel) ring from your old ones. The metal ring goes on the square shouldered rubber one. Just like you see it when changing yours. I had to do this job twice because I ignored the metal rings... so be aware.

look at online auto parts stores for part number

1 - 8 of 8 Posts