Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On ebay I found this chip that is supposed to give 20 extra horse power "By fooling your computer and letting it think that you are sucking air at a different temperature. Your computer will respond with increased power!"

Does anyone have an opinion about this? they go for $7.99

Gary

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
I can't speak for all of them, however many of those "mods" are just a resistor that's placed inline with (or across) the mass air flow sensor (MAF). They fool the computer into thinking that more air is entering the engine than really is, and the computer adds more fuel to "match." This only works so well, as generally the computer is running the engine the best way possible air/fuel wise, and also the computer keeps an eye on the o2 sensor during normal driving, and thus compentates for the new rich condition by leaning it out a bit. You will only really then have a different when you are at wide open throttle (WOT), and even then I bet it couldn't be measured or felt.

My $0.02.

-Tad

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured it probably wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
Thanks for your input.

Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.