Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
01 Rodeo V6.........waiting for denso plugs and the IMG to show up will change those......getting p0300 code along with p0131, p0137, po151, and p0157.....just changed all the O2 sensors and the intermediate pipe.....thinkiing the cats may be bad, as the O2 codes are showinig up again....took it to a local mechanic to give diagnosis, and he told me it was the ignition control module, upon research I see that you cannot change this, you have to replace the entire PCM....is this true?? And if so what am I looking at?? Having a hard time finding the part.....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I know the tube on the ignition coil is shorter for the #6 cylinder, but is the actual ignition coil itsselft different?? All of mine look exactly the same??

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone???? Really looking for some help on this one........thanks

·
Registered
676 Posts
First thing I'd recommend for your CEL issue it to reset your ECM. All you have to do is disconnect the negative battery cable or pull the ECM fuse under the hood. After that crank up your truck, run it and see if the CEL comes back; if not, then you're set.

p0300 is random cylinder misfire, but since timing in our trucks is controlled by the ECM I'd think it odd for it to jump time. I'd change the plugs, and maybe the fuel filter; it couldn't hurt.

As far as the coils, yes their all the same. I'd be weary about trusting your "local mechanics" I know a some of my "local mechanics" are about as dumb as a bag of hammers, but can sure squeeze money out of you. For now try resetting your ECM and see where that puts you. Good luck!

-Robert

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.....I will try the fuse.....Should actually have the plugs(denso) and a fuel filter shipped to me by friday along with the intake manifold gasket

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also it is very strange that the coil for #6 is about 30.00 cheaper than #s 1-5

·
Registered
676 Posts
Other than plugs and a fuel filter all I can reckon is change your air filter. You may also want to check for other vacuum leaks, especially the fuel pressure regulator behind the intake manifold on the drivers side.

Until you get the plugs and intake manifold gaskets, theres not a whole lot else you can really do. Good luck and keep us posted!

-Robert

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
If you look closely you will see that the #6 coil is recessed into the head cover, this requires that the #6 boot be shorter.
This also assumes you have the original head cover on your engine, or one from a 2000 & up engine.

It makes no difference what brand spark plugs you use, I use Autolite and they perform just fine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ive got the shorter boot on it, and yes it is recessed.....just didnt know if the coil itself had different resistance perhaps?? it is cheaper than 1-5 by about 30.00

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So IMG and plugs are done, still getting the same codes!!!!! grrrrrr, this is getting very annoying

·
Registered
676 Posts
At this point I'm stumped too. Sorry bud. Best advice I can give you now is PM JLEMOND and see what he can telly you. Jerry knows Isuzu's like the back of his hand, and if anybody can help you it's him. Good luck!

-Robert

1 - 12 of 12 Posts