Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a rot-gut feeling that I was just passed up on a promotion. 2 new positions were listed, both of which I am highly qualified for. Even spoke to my supervisor about how I would be a great fit for them.

A little birdie told me they may be skipping the whole interview process and bringing in a former intern. Bull-****e!

·
Registered
676 Posts
It sucks, but such is life. I've been burned twice for promotions at my old job, by less competent, less educated, and less experienced people.

I guess its just a part of life.

Don't despair just yet, though, as long as nobodies been hired you've still got a chance.

-Robert

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, but I hate favoritism. that is why kitchen work is much more reliable than non-kitchen work: in a kitchen, you earn your spot and there is not jumping into the big-leagues just because you know someone on the inside

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Attitude goes a long way on any job. A good attitude will take you far but If you get bitter about things, find an outlet somewhere else or you'll be stuck in that same spot for ever and or eventually fired. I know because I went through the same thing (kept getting overlooked for family members) and ended up unemployed for about 4 months. Luckily this was before the economy went in the crapper. It wasn't all bad though because I ended up with my current position because of it.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
It's happened to me here at my job too. They even broke company policy to hire one person who was less qualified than me. It sucks but it's politics more than proficiency a lot of times. Such is life. Don't let it bother you too much. Keep on keeping on. Your day in the sun will come around too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts