Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer:
First off let me say that I did a fair amount of research to put this list together, but some part numbers may change or may not be the right ones, so please if you have experience or different part numbers please share them and we can come up with a working list. I do not have personal experience with all of these parts either, this is just where my research has taken me. This list was also not put out because I have anything personal against Indy4x, just think their shipping is too high and since most of us are on super tight budgets anyways...This list is also not comprehensive either, it is mainly the more common replacement/upgrade items.

Shims 2.5 inches wide for spring under axle (all leaf sprung vehicles):
Rough Country 2 degree flat: 7050
Skyjacker 4 degree flat: WS325
Rough Country 6 degree curved: 7053
Skyjacker 6 degree curved: WSC60

Shackle bushings (complete set, all leaf sprung vehicles):
Energy Suspension red: 14.2102R
Energy Suspension black: 14.2102G

Low profile droop snubbers:
Energy Suspension: 9.9132R
Prothane: 19-1316

Tie rod dust boots( all ifs Isuzus minus 98+ Amigos and Rodoes with Rack and pinion steering) :
Energy Suspension: 9.13101R

Sway Bar bushings:
Need more sizes and part numbers for the different sizes, so please measure and find the correct part number off of energy suspensions website to contribute.
Energry Suspension 24mm: 11.5101
Prothane 19mm: 19-1118
Porthane 26mm: 19-1142

Add a leaf (all leaf sprung vehickes):
Almost any 2.5 inch wide add a leaf will work, however you can use Cherokees or 4Runners for ease of browsing parts.
Pro Comp short add a leaf: 13120

Shackles (for those who go the DIY route):
1 ½ inch wide steel, recommended to stay under 8 inch from hole to hole and either 3/8 thick steel or 1/2 thick steel.

Indy4x replacement tie rod ends:
Duralast ES-150R and ES-150L
Similiar tie rod ends:
Moog ES262L / ES262R

Greasable shackel bolt:
M18 greasable shackle bolt from trailgear.com
¾ inch or 18mm grade 8 bolts, 4.5 - 5 inches long for the hardware, (smooth part should ride on the bushings not the threaded part),

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Would be good to know what years and models these are applicable to.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops, forgot about that. Will update that when I have time, but these part numbers should be for all first gen Rodeos/Amigos/Passport. See you are in Costa Rica too, Pura Vida

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Not sure where you got your shackle info from but I would suggest 3/8"X1-1/4 steel for the verticals and 3/8"X4" flat bar for the center brace. The bolts need to be 18MM to fit the bushings correctly. They also should be bought based on the un threaded shank and not the overall length. The goal is not to have the bushing riding on threads. Then just cut the excess off. They should also be metric grade 10.9 or higher.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
betterthanyou said:
Not sure where you got your shackle info from but I would suggest 3/8"X1-1/4 steel for the verticals and 3/8"X4" flat bar for the center brace. The bolts need to be 18MM to fit the bushings correctly. They also should be bought based on the un threaded shank and not the overall length. The goal is not to have the bushing riding on threads. Then just cut the excess off. They should also be metric grade 10.9 or higher.
Oops, good catch, not 1/4 inch thick to 1/2 but 3/8 to half inch, Ill edit it. But 3/4 inch is 19mm, I am using that size now, tight fit or its good for worn bushings. Most stock bolts are grade 5, that is also the grade that comes with Calmini, I think grade 8 is more than enough.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Stock Metric bolts are grade 10.9 for all the suspension and engine. Some of the body bolts just have a 4 on them. Not sure if that is the grade or just a manufacturer mark. A grade 10.9 Metric bolt is just a little bit stronger than a Grade 8 SAE bolt. I would never use a Grade 5 bolt for suspension. I know Calmini uses it because I have installed a lot of there stuff. I have replaced their hardware with higher grade several times. They also send SAE hardware where metric stuff should be. I hate when supplier mis match SAE hardware to a metric vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.