Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok as some of you know, im not a huge 4x4 fan and i got this 96 Rodeo "S" with the wide tire package recently (actual truck in avitar (photochopped). I'm gutting the front drive line this month and putting in a 2wd truck frame clip and a 350 SBC V8 and 700R4 trans that i bought last year. So......basically the trans, engine (rod knock) and all the front suspension will be available real soon. I'm only taking the front axle out now since the frame brackets are sold. I need to keep the truck mobile until Spring. Then it goes under the knife (plasma cutter) the truck has 100,510 miles on it and was garaged. Truck is almost mint body/interior wise. The back cargo area is also being stripped for an Amigo removable hard top and i have to lengthen the back with a Pup bed i have. Realize i have issues with Isuzu parts????? I have been parting out Isuzus for awhile and have collected a decent amount of parts for my projects, now that im getting close to finishing my crewcab, i'm ditching all my extra parts i have. So if you need any driveline Rodeo parts or rear cargo area parts (carpeting, side panels,Rodeo glass, gate,tire carrier, rear bumper) let me know. Selling for very reasonable pricing and shipping (actual cost ONLY). i email pictures on request
thanks all
Ron
NJ 07662

·
Registered
566 Posts
So you are cutting out the front of the frame to put in a frame section from a 2wd? Whats the point? Why not just remove the 4wd parts?

The rest of the project sounds great. 350 with a chopped rear. :D Even if it ain't 4wd, I can still appreciate it. One guy on Pirate4x did do the chopped rear/ put amigo soft top on, I can find the pics if you want.
________
BUY EXTREME VAPORIZER

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah, young grasshopper!!! the Rodeo 2wd & 4wd are built on the same 4wd frame. They have that HUGE trans and engine crossmembers that hang real low. My trucks are all lowered (except my lifted Rodeo) and you can do more with the 2wd frame/suspension as far as drop spindles and modifying. Also the weight of the 4wd frame is much more then the 2wd. The first 3 sets of body mounts are the same, so its basically an easy swap. When i put the v8 in, i want the center of gravity as low as possible. I'm also going to try to utilize the larger Rodeo front rotors on the Pup spindles. Heard it can be done, but will try first hand. I have seen the pics of the Rodeo with the soft top back. I havent seen much work on it since he cut the back off (rough cutting) so if you have pics of it done, i'd like to see. I am extending the back of mine 5-6" (what ever it has to be) with a truck bed rear clip also, so i wont have the indentations by the rear bumper any more and put a roll pan on it to smooth out the back. I did some templates last night of the AMigo hardtop i have and it should look decent, and without that HUGE sail panel blind spot associated with Amigos.

Ron

·
Registered
143 Posts
lowzone said:
i want the center of gravity as low as possible.
Ron
and finally, the skys are clear now........your sig makes sense :wink:

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Yeah, Ron is a 2wd go fast freak. He's not into the 4wd stuff at all. We just let him hang out with us :lol:

Just picking on you Ron, anyone that is going to attempt to drop a 350 in a pup has my respect.

Joe

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Joe. Dont forget i do have a lifted 96 Rodeo 4x4 with Darlington Off road shackles ;) . As far as going fast, none of my trucks are fast, not yet :twisted: . I am more into making the trucks look different (ie. crewcab, Rodigo (Rodeo+Amigo) I also made a honda accord 4 door LX into a 2 door pickup (recently sold on Ebay) that i sold 2 years ago to a guy in Iowa. i can be dangerous with a plasma cutter and welder.
ANY WAY, any one need parts?????????? i need some finances to fund my project $$$$$$
talk to you guys later
Ron

Ps- Rondi- remember, if you build it, they will come from Field of dreams, well, i just changed it abit. if you go to www.isuzupup.com and look on page 2 of the Gallery, you will see some of my toys i have built (laying on the ground with air ride (scraping). Hence the Sig..... no word yet on the truck, its a good friend of mine that has it, just got a new Nissan Titan, so he is holding the truck for me, should be next weekend, i hope

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Is that an auto or a manual :?:

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oops, my mistake. Its a 5 speed.

whats sold so far:
headrests
power mirrors
rear glass struts
rear speakers
carpet (front section,cargo still available)
radiator
cooling fan
fan clutch
wheel well mouldings

thanks
Ron

UPDATE!!!! i might have the whole truck sold, actually traded for a 90 Amigo 4x4 that has a new motor and top. AS of today, i have stopped parting the truck. I do have other parts from other Rodeos and Pups so any parts, email me. I needed a new 4ZE1 motor and this might be the opportunity i needed and later get antoher Rodeo to do my v8 in. Might do the Amigo top on my 4x4 Black rodeo. Sigh, so many options

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry guys, just traded the truck for a 89 Amigo. It has a newly rebuilt motor and a new clutch which is needed for my crewcab. It also has a new top but one snap for the strap that holds the rear window up is broken. Im going to be parting this one out and looking for another Rodeo for my V8/Amigo hardtop conversion. I will have the chassis and stripped body left if anyone wants it. No doors/fenders/hood/grille/bumper/headlights. It has 31x11.5x15 Dakotas on factory 0 offset snowflakes, tires are practically new. Let me know if there is anything you guys need from this one...it never ends with me, i swear...... :roll:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.