100 for timing belt
160 for water pump
140 for upper ball joint

is this normal?

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can you buy aftermarket parts for timing/tensioner/waterpump?

oh, and a correction on the prices:

timing belt -100
tensioner -155
water pump -240

just as a comparison

st charles isuzu:

timing belt -70
tensioner -90
water pump -180

but they don't ship to canada! - prices in drive to staes (like VT are too close to canadian prices to be worth it. AARGH :evil: )

·
Registered
70 Posts
but they don't ship to canada

Since when. This is new to me. I have ordered several parts from St.Charles and I live just outside Toronto. How about trying rockauto.com

John

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Drivewire ships to canada and has all the parts aftermarket.

tbelt - $56.59-58.72 (have 3 different brands)
tensioner - $73.67
water pump - $89.97 or $144.85 (2 different brands)
upper bj - $47.38

The also have a timing belt kit which has tbelt, tensioner, and idler for $164.49.

Whether its worth it depends on exchange rate and whatever canada decides they want to charge you for duties taxes.

shipping info from drivewires site..

Canada Shipping â€" Drivewire ships to Canada via UPS. Normal delivery time to be expected is 10 to 14 business days from the time of your order. You will also be charged separately for the additional shipping cost after the weight and amount are calculated. To maintain excellent service we must charge a $14.95 handling fee on Canadian orders for the additional paperwork and handing required.

PLEASE NOTE! There may be Customs Charges assessed by your Country. Drivewire has no way of calculating these costs and you the consumer are solely responsible for these charges at the time of delivery. If you refuse the package at the time of delivery, Drivewire will not refund any of the purchase price or shipping charges. ALL SALES ARE FINAL ON INTERNATIONAL ORDERS

For US orders they have free shipping for orders over $50 so I dont know what they mean by additional shipping charges.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, they also charge a "brokerage fee" on anything coming across the border - its the shipping company clearing the item through customs. that is like 20% of the declared value with UPS. plus mastercard charges 2.5% currency conversion and there is the actual conversion (aound 1.14), in addition to the normally brutal shipping rates for parts. plus if the part is built outside of the usa, you pay 6.2% customs and then there is the tax - and here it is 8% provincial, 7% federal.

so - it is a bit of a pain in the *ss to ship to canada i guess......

i need this work done - so i bite the bullet and go stealership local. i hate it but its the easiest.

(and the last thing i need is a blown timing belt in the middle of a mudhole... :oops: )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts