Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Rodeo LS 5 speed with the 3.2. It has a little over 200,000 miles and most things work. I’ll probably be ready to get rid of it at the turn of the new year but I’m not sure if I should part out or not.
The interior is great for its age, lights are clear, some body panels with no damage etc. but I don’t know if the demand for some of these parts is high enough.
The thing holding me back from selling it straight up is that there’s about $1000 worth of exhaust repair necessary to pass inspection in my state. I got the car for $1400 and I feel like most people with brains wouldn’t put that kind of money in to fix it.
If anyone is looking for parts let me know.

· Registered
7,703 Posts
i recently bought a 2000 Passport automatic. 220k or so....frame rotted...ran amazing. so you could sell a rolling chassis to someone in the Northeast (AKA Rust belt). Parting it out, i didnt do well. still have a lot left and just sitting on eBay with little interest. you didnt mention your location, but depends on your "whole" price or what your expectations are in parting it out... Remember that "time = money" and pulling parts properly takes TIME....lots of it.

· Registered
01 rodeo sport, not enough mods yet😜
192 Posts
I’d say sell whole, you could probably sell it for $2kish if it’s not a junker, at the least you could sell it back for the $1400. Especially since it’s got the 5 speed. Trust me there is someone willing to buy it with a busted exhaust, I know people who just don’t register their car because of issues like

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Where are you at? I don't have to pass any inspection whatsoever and could straight pipe it with ease... the LS 4x4 5-speed is a nice spec

· Super Moderator
98 Rodeo, 4JB1-TC
3,019 Posts
Mr 30 yr experience sells just the manual swap stuff for about twice that, so yes it’s worth something.
However if it’s just exhaust issues it would be worth saving.

· Registered
1,155 Posts
If you wanna sell it, post some pictures of it (inside, outside, underneath). I'm certainly interested.

· Registered
166 Posts
can you find a suitable replacement vehicle for $1000?
If not then it's worth keeping. Used car market is pretty rough right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts