Isuzu SUV Forum banner

Parking Brake Hardware - 2nd Gen Trooper

965 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Shawn Anthony 
#1 ·
Anybody have a source for parking brake hardware for a 2nd gen Trooper?

Wagner lists a kit but it's definitely not the right one. I'll be returning it tomorrow.

Everything in mine is completely rusted solid. All springs, etc... are shot.

#2 ·
Hey I have a pair of cables I'll sell cheap. I got 'em from Jerry for my RS but never used them. You still might need to source the"T" piece and spring where it goes from one cable to two, if yours is unusable. Check with Jerry JLEMOND.

#3 ·
My bad, I probably should have explained better. I'm looking for the parts that operate the parking brake shoes. Typically for drums they sell a "hardware kit" that has all the pins and springs bundled. Our parking brakes are the same style so I would think a kit would be available to refurbish it.

#4 ·
I doubt if there is a kit, probably have to look at salvage yards. I would still contact Jerry, he parts out vehicles occasionally, or anybody else in the Classifieds parting out a Trooper.

#5 ·
Thread revive: does anyone know if the Rodeo parking brake kits will work on a 2nd gen Trooper? While I can't find the hardware kits for Troopers, the Rodeo ones seem available. Any help would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.