Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going down to see Jerry Lemond this Friday, and back on Saturday. I'll be going down with a 6000 pound trailer to pick up a two post lift, so I'll have some room on the way there and the way back.

I'm in Parkersburg WV, Jerry is near Atlanta GA.

Joe

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hey Joe,
If you wind up making your run in February, I might see if you can bring back some brake parts.

Would you be taking 77 to 85 out of Charlotte?

Cheers,

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, My route will be 77 South to Char. then 85 towards Atlanta.

It's not going to be that late. The guy needs it out of his shop so he won't continue to pay rent, and I don't wanna put Jerry out storing it too long till I can get down there.

Make a deal with Jerry and I'll bring them to you.

Joe

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make the arrangements with Jerry, payments and such. Then we'll talk about bringing them back to you.

Send him a PM.

Joe

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That won't be a problem at all. Just need to meet me along my route to pick them up. Shoot me a PM with a cell number or a home number and we can talk.

Joe

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I will be going down on Friday the 2nd and coming back on Saturday the 3rd.

It's nailed down as far as the dates, so if someone needs something big from Jerry let me know.

Joe

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's sitting on Jerry's Trailer right now, I'll be taking a trailer down. So if nothing else Jerry has a cherry picker, or we could use his lift to lift it up, pull trailer out, put mine under it, and let it down.

We'll figure it out at Jerry's. It's my house that I'm concerned about. Hell I have no idea how I'm going to get the thing unloaded. Unless I can get four strong backs to lend a hand. The posts are supposedly about 700-800 pounds a piece.

And yes you do need to get your butt into gear. Are you thinking about making it up to the spring Uwharrie?

Joe

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, dates been set. April 23rd through the 26th. I already got site 34 reserved.

Joe

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
JOe, I am in to help. I got some ideas though. Back the trailer in the garage throw it into low and floor it. Or we could attach a snatch block to the rafters and use your winch, or i could pick up phil phister on my way up (he lives over the hill) and then we would be fine.

realistically i think the two of us can get them off with a little time and ingenuity. Ill call my boy in Ripley today and see if hes got a cherry picker. I am pretty sure he does. Hf has some decent priced ones if your in the market.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Starchild said:
Spring is a possibility. I'm not planning that far ahead right now since everything seems to change on a daily basis. Has a date been set?
HEY ANDRE , THERE IS STILL ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE LIFTS AVAILABLE , FOR A VERY GOOD PRICE AND IT IS A 10000 LB LIFT , A FRIEND OF MINES IS DOWNSIZING HIS SHOP AND DROPPING TWO BAYS, THIS IS A HEAVY MADE LIFT, AND 12 FT TALL, NEW THIS LIFT WAS 3500 NOT INSTALLED , ASK JOE ABOUT THE ONES THAT ARE ADVERTISED FOR 1300 TO 1500 AND SEE THE REMARKS COME BACK, JERRY

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Last chance on this, leaving tomorrow morning early from Jerry's place.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
I've typed this up 4 times now, and each time, it sounds like I'm telling a dirty joke! :roll:

You might be surprised how difficult it is to verbally confirm (without sounding completely lurid!) that Joe's head delivery was a success, and that Doug's part was found sitting safely and securely on our front porch when Miss Kathy and I got home from Blacksburg/Christiansburg last night.

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers!
Smiley

1 - 20 of 23 Posts