Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one with data and application of a pacesetter haeder for a 2.3L amigo?
I found one (from Pacesetter)for a P/U...would they be the same?
Anyone aware of any fit issues on the amigo?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
#1125 is the only one that will fit the 2.3/2.6 engines, as far as I know they will fit any vehicle those engines came in with minor modifications. I have had to dimple a tube a bit to clear the clutch arm.
Sometimes the #1105 is listed as fitting the 2.3 engine- this is incorrect, the #1105 has square ports & fits the 1.8/1.9/2.0 engines.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok...now I don't know if this is the final qord or not! I just talked to Pacesetter and they said..."We can't tell you whether it will work on an 2.3L motor."
They wouldn't even answer further about the issue!
Anyway...oldestisuzuist have you put the model
# 70-1125(painted) or # 72C1125(chrome) on an early '92 Amigo?
What amount of "dimpling" was needed?
That could be a relative thing...what's a dimple to one guy is a 3" dent to someone else.
It sounds like something that probably a legitimate "muffler shop" might not do!!! Yes?
Is it a driveway job?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I have one on a 2.3L Trooper engine, some one on the Planet has the same header on a 2.6L in an Amigo, don't know what year, but I would think if it will fit into an Amigo with a 2.6 then it will fit one with a 2.3. People have used them in pickups for both 2.3 & 2.6 engines. The problem I see you may have is fitting the EGR tube to the header bung and the intake at the same time- a 2.3 EGR pipe might not align exactly like a 2.6. I have no emissions so that wasn't a concern. Even though this particular header was designed for the 2.6 it will bolt up to the 2.3 (heads will interchange). With minor mods- like dimpling a tube about half the size of a bean to clear the clutch arm it fit into my Trooper. It looks like that adding a second exhaust manifold gasket might give enough clearance so that dimpling is not necessary. Now, whether it will exact fit your particular application I can't say, but if you want a header this is your only option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts