Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was takin a look at my header today and I noticed the location of my O2 sensor. It's only monitoring one cylinder! This is not good. What happens in one cylinder doesn't necessarily mean the same is happening in the rest of the engine. I'm not to happy with my purchase now. Someone please anwer my prayers and chime in here to tell me I'm wrong! :evil:

·
Registered
7,209 Posts
Yeah you are right, you are only monitoring one cylinder. But all is not lost. All of the cylinders get the same signals (fuel wise) from the ECM, so it's really not that big of a deal. Only time you would have problems with this setup is if the cylinder you are monitoring isn't firing, but you would know it by the way the truck was running.

You could always take the header by an exhaust shop and have them drill and weld in an o2 sensor bung in the collector, then just plug the stock location.

Joe

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is something I'm going to do. I can't believe I passed this up. Still fired about the design :evil:

·
Premium Member
5,577 Posts
My 94 Trooper only has an 02 sensor for one bank. Unless there is a defect, the o2 reading from one cyl will match the rest. The o2 sensor is reading a percentage not a quantity, so it's not like it will only be reading 1/4 of what it should. On the 4cyl it's easy to tell if one cyl isn't firing. I wouldn't worry about it. I put easily over 75k on 2.6s with pacesetter headers. I'm sure that others put on more than I did.

-Tad

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the O2 sensor will take the mean of the 4 cylinders. It can't take the mean if it's in only one cylinder. I agree that it 'should' not make a difference, but there is still room for deviation. I'm gonna cap that off and run it further down on the exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.