Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put on a 3" Calmini suspension lift and installed 285/75 R 16's on my 98 Amigo. Too my dismay they rub when turning somewhat sharp. I was wondering if anyone else has figured a way to get bigger tires put on and eliminate the rubbing.
My solutions right now are to install a body lift but I'm not sure how high to go and if this would even solve the problem. If anyone has any experience here it would be helpful.

The second idea that came to mind was to cut into the tirewell but this would involve actully cutting into metal and then crafting some kind of fender flares to give it a clean look. I'm not opposed to customizing since the elimination of the spare tire on the back is also going to require some custom fabrication.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cutting the wheel well is the easiest way to take care of the problem. There are quite a few different people who have written threads on this both here and at 4x4wire.com. A body lift will will take care of the problem also but it all depends on how much cash you wanna spend.

On another note the Calmini lift has served me well. The shocks are not the greatest quality and i will be upgrading to rancho 9000's after the holidays.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.