Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Wednesday I was headed out with my wife and my kid to pick up some wall anchors for a project and as I merged over on the express way, two cars up decided to stop causing the car in front of me to hit them, causing me to lock up my brakes sliding on the excess amount of salt. It snowed about three inches this winter so far and they over reacted by dumping tons of salt.

Long story short, I slid on the salt, at the last minute I gained enough control to turn right and do as little damage as possible while keeping my wife and my 13 month olds side of the Passport as far away from the imminate collision. No one was hurt, the first car fled the scene of the accident, and in the great (no fault) state of NY, I was at fault for rear ending her. Yes, in no fault NY, you can be at fault for rear ending or being in reverse.

Anyways, I had a quote done out of curiosity, the shop said $1214.08, Tuesday is when insurance is sending their person to see how much damage is done and cut a check. So, out of this crap situation, I get to start my build. The grille and fender are getting fixed along with the maker lamp, but after that, the fun begins. So here is what she looks like now, and what the other car looks like. Oh yeah, I've had the Passport for 3 weeks now, kinda really sucks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
That sucks.. at least everyone is okay though. Here in wv they used to over salt the roads, but this year they are trying to "cut costs" and Ive seen maybe one or two salt trucks and they let most of the roads here in beckley stay snow covered. lol

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
98passport4x4 said:
That sucks.. at least everyone is okay though. Here in wv they used to over salt the roads, but this year they are trying to "cut costs" and Ive seen maybe one or two salt trucks and they let most of the roads here in beckley stay snow covered. lol
same here in Ohio. Not as many trucks out this year. Although, we have yet to have a big storm.

Glad to see everyone's ok. That insurance check will sure help out with mods :twisted:

·
Registered
89 Posts
94Rodayo4x4 said:
98passport4x4 said:
same here in Ohio. Not as many trucks out this year. Although, we have yet to have a big storm.

Glad to see everyone's ok. That insurance check will sure help out with mods :twisted:
Yeah we havnt had a big one either, I think we have only had 2 snow storms that actually accumulated. The first one was maybe an inch, and then last week we had a couple inches maybe 3-4. Which is very unusual.. weather is normally a lot worse than this. High 50 in January ?!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, we've been in the high 40's low 50's for days now. That light dusting we got caused them to go nuts with the salt, but in the last few years they have been salting less. It's crazy, my cousin works at the salt mines about 40 minutes away from me and winter is the big hustle time, he's been laid off all winter. The salt is piled as high as the silo's are!

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
I will inject the poison of debate. Global warming?

·
Registered
227 Posts
The worst is the day or so after when the salt melts and refreezes the slush....turning it into a bumpy wavy non-traction making mess.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Med!c said:
I will inject the poison of debate. Global warming?
Climate change

·
Registered
6,257 Posts
The climate is changing as the world is warming up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts