Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

What are your experiences in severe snow and ice with your Isuzu's handling and specifically what tires do you run in the winter? My plan was to run an all-season on our 99' Rodeo but I am on the fence about it after reading reviews of many of the all-season tires for SUV's. The Geolander AT+ II is rated quite well in the snow and it's presently #1 on my list. I am also considering the General Grabber HT or AT.

I live in northern Vermont and we get severe snow and ice in my neck of the woods, so safety is absolutely my #1 priority. I do not care about tire noise, longevity or looks.

Thanks, Tim :)

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked out the Revo's and they are highly rated everywhere. Another question is the recommendation to go with the same tire design as was on the vehicle as new. It seems like the vehicle could just as safely use another type, such as an AT tire versus a less aggressive tread pattern which is often spec'd on an Isuzu's SUV. Any opinion's?

Thanks for the help!

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had studded Hak 10's on my AWD Subaru and they were pretty good. However my Cooper Weatheraster snow tires preformed awesome on another car that winter with rear wheel drive only. Bottom line is I want an AT tire that's fantastic in the snow. Thanks for the input!

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I decided on Cooper Discoverer Mud & Snow at $77.00 a piece. I'll get some summer AT tires next year if I keep this truck. The tread is very deep on the Cooper M & S's and they make the ride a little stiff. I have had very good luck with Cooper in the past, so hopefully that will apply to these.

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tested the Cooper Discoverer M & S tires in deep snow this past weekend and I was impressed. In fact the Rodeo did much better than I thought it would. I would now recommend these tires. Now if I could just improve the MPG and oil consumption!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Tim
VT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.