Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
3,580 Posts
If you'd like to try something different, and want a set of dedicated snow tires that are reputed to be among the very best in the world, then take a good look at the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 10s.

(And NO, I have absolutely no idea how to pronounce it… My tongue gets herniated just thinking about it!)

Some of them feature as much as a 17/32 tread depth… and according to the independent testing that I've seen; above and beyond their snow and ice performance capabilities, they are supposed to hold their own quite well against many popular A/T tires when tasked with off-road duties.

They're definitely worth looking into, IMHO. --- Before getting my Cooper STTs, I was seriously thinking about getting some of them myself.

Which brings me to the second choice…

The Cooper Discoverer STT.

The STT is a studable M/T tire that has a very good reputation for snow performance (although I have yet to have the pleasure of personally confirming this claim. --- But I can tell you, without a doubt, that they kick some pretty dang serious off-road hiney!).

And if the appearance of the STT is a little too much for your tastes, there's always the notably less aggressive ST model to consider.

The ST is an A/T tire with a stellar reputation in its own right.

The Australian Cooper Tyre website was the ultimate deciding factor in ending my own tire ruminations, and helped me put to rest any concerns or reservations that I had about buying a set for my Rodeo. --- Contained within the website are some mighty compelling testimonials about their dogged durability, and the amazing impression that they've made upon the folks who travel around in the most remote portions of the Outback...

Although, in all honesty, I can't say that I recall seeing anything from our friends Down Under that mentioned the Cooper's snow performance and handling characteristics. :p

In the final analysis, even considering my STT's supposed winter traction capabilities… if I had the money… and my thoughts were focused solely upon maximum winter traction… after everything that I've read about them, I'd get myself a set of the H10s for winter, and use my STTs the rest of the year.

[/My $0.02]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.