Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys.

I could never afford to have a cool vehicle lifted with nice audio and all that when I was young, but I'm getting to the age now I can afford a fun project like this. I'm headed this weekend to get a 2001 Rodeo Sport, and need your pictures and opinions.

I want to lift it and put some larger tires on it. Nothing too huge--just enough to give it a little more powerful look, much like the Jeep guys tend to do. Could you guys share some thoughts and pics? I am not quite sure what size looks the best on this little guy.

Thanks in advance, guys. Really appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
This is Sylvia my wifes Rodeo Sport

31x10.50x15 and some lift

She likes her :wink:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Any idea how much lift that is?

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
bek said:
I found this pic in the forums. Any idea the tire size and lift?

That's more or less what I'm aiming for as my first project.
Pretty sure it's 265x75x16 revo's

Same suspension lift it just doesnt have 3" B/L to clear flares

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
notice front flairs were removed,with just some lift you have to trim fenders some,good writeup here.
My wife liked her flares and didn't want to cut them so I just lifted it higher :mrgreen:
She has like 8" total 5" suspension and 3" B/L

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha! I like the way you (and your wife) thinks!

Can't wait to get this thing back here this weekend. I've got a lot to learn, but going to enjoy learning it. The audio stuff I can do. Just not sure about the suspension stuff. I might get a pro to do that for me.

I really like both yours and the blue meanie's tires and lifts. Good looking baby your wife's got there.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
bek said:
Ha! I like the way you (and your wife) thinks!

Can't wait to get this thing back here this weekend. I've got a lot to learn, but going to enjoy learning it. The audio stuff I can do. Just not sure about the suspension stuff. I might get a pro to do that for me.

I really like both yours and the blue meanie's tires and lifts. Good looking baby your wife's got there.
Before you pay....read and learn...grasshopper..... you can lift one in just a few hours by yourself(depending on how crazy you go.
Check out the ride area and the monthy winners

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know anything about lifts, but I may just go that route. I talked to some guy at the local customization place, and he said roughly $2000 for a lift and new wheels. Quite a bit of dough.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BAMF said:
My amigo is in my sig. It is lifted 5 inches all suspension with 32x11.5x15 tires.
Hey John, thanks for that info. Your signature picture was one of the Amigos I'd already copied a picture of (forgive me:) and stored away as one I really liked. Really appreciate knowing the sizes--thank you!

I will probably obsess over this a bit... that is just the way I am. :) As I build up my RP/Amigo, I'll post pics with notes. This should be a fun project.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Btw... did you Photoshop that gun in?? :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pictures coming tomorrow!!

Hope I didn't screw myself. $4300. Got a few little things wrong, like the sunroof shade is missing (WTB, if anyone has) and the hood latch is loose from the dash. Top is a bit worn, but functional. Paint is good, drives great, no visible rust.

I'm pumped!

Thanks for all the pics posted. Now the real fun begins!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not full frontal, but it's the only one I took before it got dark today. :)

Boy, it looks a lot more masculine from the back like this. I'm getting excited about what I will be able to do to this baby.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BAMF said:
Dang thats sexy. First thing to do is to take off those sidesteps. Ugly as hell in my opinion :D
Thanks, and yeah, I think you're right. They just don't look right for this vehicle. I might leave them right now though, since I'm getting ready to lift it anyway. The wife's going to need some help up!! lol

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
On small lift, I think 265/75's look really good.

For your hood latch, it should only have two screws holding it.
Maybe its stripped where it mounts to the dash. Unless the cable is snagged.

How much lift are you going with? OME coils or 2" spacers are less than $180. You could also use stock Trooper springs for the lift.
And all you have to do is extend the rear brake line mount and crank on the torsion bars. I did mine in less than 2 hours.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BAMF said:
Dang thats sexy. First thing to do is to take off those sidesteps. Ugly as hell in my opinion :D
Hmm... maybe paint them black?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dae said:
On small lift, I think 265/75's look really good.

For your hood latch, it should only have two screws holding it.
Maybe its stripped where it mounts to the dash. Unless the cable is snagged.

How much lift are you going with? OME coils or 2" spacers are less than $180. You could also use stock Trooper springs for the lift.
And all you have to do is extend the rear brake line mount and crank on the torsion bars. I did mine in less than 2 hours.
Thanks for the heads up on the coils/spacers. Which one should I get? What's the difference?

I'm having a tough time figuring out which lift/tire combination I should go with. I see a lot that looks good! I don't want to go so high it doesn't look natural, but not so low it looks entirely stock, if that makes any sense! I was originally thinking about 4", but not sure now. Doubt I'll do any serious rock climbing, but I might take the occasionally unkept dirt road into the hills here in Kentucky!

The hood latch is completely disconnected from the dash, but it still works. I'm guessing there is just a piece of plastic molding that I need(?). Got a friend that is a mechanic... doesn't charge me a whole lot. Think I'm going to roll it over there and have him give it a once over. He might even be willing to do the lift for me for next to nothing, or show me how to do it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.