Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Mine was doing that, think it was code #35 but cant remember for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just did this repair, on xmas break, doing 30 mph, minding my own business on my road and all of a sudden, the engine is not running. Get towed home by son, pulled code, and based on what I read here, replaced the ign. module @ $83.00. (Car is '90 troop with 370k)
It may have been cheaper elsewhere but I was needing the car running quick. I gave up trying to get the old one off the block. So I pulled the electrical connector/ plug apart from on top of the manifold mounted the new one on top of the valve cover, per the posted pics. However it may eventually reside on the inner fender to reduce the possible effects of heat.
I question the logic of the original mounting place. I assume they wanted to heat sink the device, but there was no heat transfer compound on the new part, when I took it apart from its aluminum mount -to drill the mounting holes larger. So I'm not sure. As an electronics tech, heat is a concern re this device. What may have been a contributing factor (?) is the fact that my new alternator is running at 14.65 volts on a fully charged system. Seems somewhat high. (Any opinions re 14.65 as a failure aspect would be appreciated) Also good luck on your ign. module R & R.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just replaced the ignition control module when i did the rebuild and everything is clean so it dont think its having a ground issue and the conection is good so im at a loss there are still somje vacc lines not hooked up but i wouldn think that would keep the engine from firing at all. my brother in law looked up the code at his dealership and it said it might be a bad ecm but idk how to figure that out anyone know?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there is a plug right above that icm where the coil plug comes through and mine isnt hooked to anything byut i dont think it ever was what is that?

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
jstader45 said:
there is a plug right above that icm where the coil plug comes through and mine isnt hooked to anything byut i dont think it ever was what is that?
I believe the empty connector you refer to is for california emissions cars only and is of no concern.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
jstader45 said:
yea thats what i thouhgt. would my ecm flash codes if it was bad?
Don't think so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.