Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day we were tearing down an old rv sitting in the yard. Ran across a onboard air compressor in one of the bottom sections. (pics later). Just wondering if anyone has ever used one, and how difficult it would be to wire it up to my 88 trooper. It has three wires, red- power, yellow-?, and white-?. thanks for any help. :D

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
tathaker said:
The other day we were tearing down an old rv sitting in the yard. Ran across a onboard air compressor in one of the bottom sections. (pics later). Just wondering if anyone has ever used one, and how difficult it would be to wire it up to my 88 trooper. It has three wires, red- power, yellow-?, and white-?. thanks for any help. :D
Get us the pics so that we know what we are dealing with.

Possible the yellow is ground. Also possible the yellow goes to a pressure switch. Etc...

Look for make, model number, etc, as well, and pass that on to us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok will try to get the pics on here. I forgot the ground comes off to mount to the chassis. cut it when we pulled the setup out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What type motorhome was it this ,sounds like a excellant idea you had,where are youm going to mount it,I have a 89 trooperII my self .THanks in advance

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
tathaker said:
Here are some pics. a couple more on the way.
The red wire goes to direct power.

The yellow wire goes to your on switch. (Toggle switch, whatever you decide to switch it on with.)

The white wire goes up under the pressure switch, to something that I can't see. So I have no idea what that wire goes to on the other end.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks rattletrap. it came out of a cross country motorhome from chevy. and thanks selador. will try to get some better pics of the white wire. i think i will put it in the cargo area and run a tank under the body somehow. dont know yet on that part yet. still running the layout through my head, ideas are greatly thankful.

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
This is what I have waiting to go in this summer. A friend gave it to me. I figure free is good right?

cheers
-Ian :blackeye:

·
Registered
7,284 Posts
imamonstertruck said:
This is what I have waiting to go in this summer. A friend gave it to me. I figure free is good right?
cheers
You BET !!!

Does your friend have another free one ?

I actually have air helper springs, but don't have the compressor. LOL

·
Premium Member
4,350 Posts
He does, but he just bought an 78 Cj Scrambler and it is going in it.

cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts