Isuzu SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone use one of the on-line places for parts? I need an alternator for my Trooper and I am looking for the best deal. Racepages.com has a good deal, but I want to make sure they are reputable.

·
Registered
546 Posts
www.carparts.com
www.isuzuonly.com
http://www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com/

These guys are interconnected with salvage yards and such. Fill out the request forms, and within a couple of days they'll fire back offers at you. I'd imagine you could pick one up for around 35-40 bucks.

Also, if you have a burnt out alternator, you may want to look into having your existing unit rewound at an alternator shop. They may be able to boost your amperage for a low price.

·
Registered
825 Posts
rockauto.com has 9 alternators available that will fit the 86 trooper.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a local rebuilder who will rebuild my existing alternator for $110. Or, I can get it from O'Reilly for $110 (Ultima - house brand remanufactured.) Delivery time is about the same. Any opinions on which option to pursue?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well, O'Reilly and other name-brand stores are nice because it should come with a warranty, not to say that a rebuilt one would not.
But speaking from experience, if your broken down far away from your local rebuilder, :cry: do you think another rebuilder would honor your warrany? Probably not. Whereas by the same token, if you got it from O'Reilly, you could just go to your nearest store and swap it out for free (if still under warranty). 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.